“Good Chinese food- nothing fancy”

Chinese Imperial Inn
Ranked #646 of 2,086 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Someone recommended this place and said the food is good even though it does not look like much from the outside. It is next door to the Blue Goose restaurant and near Already Cafe, both of which I like. We ordered hot and sour soup which was not too spicy and very tasty. We had egg rolls which were good. My wife got a seafood in a nest and liked it and I got chicken moo shu which was very tasty and a large portion. The service was very good.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Great place to stop for a quick lunch! Very reasonable prices and good service! Nice mix of "American" Chinese food and authentic Chinese food.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went yesterday. I find it hard to call it Chinese food. Crap is more like it. Or Polynesian food maybe...I ordered beef and broccoli. So much broccoli and very little meat. I judge their egg rolls to be average. More like spring rolls but tasty. That is the only redeeming part. My wife stated the bathrooms were nasty! Avoid at all costs! Not worth your time or effort. If I say more I will start cussing. ... Blech!

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

If I drive by there is no reason to come in for authentic Chinese because the sign says Polynesian. Small old looking restaurant with parking lot. A friend recommended this place. There is a special Chinese menu offer authentic Chinese dishes at reasonable price. I ordered pan friend flounder and bok choy stir fried. Both dishes are good. Service is simple.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped here on a Saturday Night around 6:30pm. Was surprised that there was only two other tables occupied at the dinner hour. No one was at the front counter and the waitress? was at the back of the dining room. She waved us to the back, handed us menus, and vanished. A little while later, she brought out a small bowl of crispy noodles and a pot of hot tea. She asked if we were ready to order and took the order and vanished again. Not once during our entire visit did she ask if we wanted anything besides the tea to drink. When the food came, it was brought by someone from the kitchen. By now we were the only ones seated; although there were two people waiting for a pickup. I needed some additional sauce, but had to flag down the kitchen guy again since our waitress was now too busy talking to the people up front. Once we finished, we waited and waited for the check until we once again flagged down the kitchen guy again. Thank goodness I had exact change and was able to just leave the check and tip (yes I tipped even though she was terrible; thought maybe the kitchen guy got a cut!). She did not come back to our table once after taking the order! The food is good, but the service is nonexistent.