Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
US$229
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$178
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati(Cincinnati)(Great Value!)
US$75
Travelocity
US$80
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
US$329
TripAdvisor
2,659 results
All reviewsart decothe palm courthistoric hotelcarew towerfountain squarejunior suiteobservation deckpedestal sinkthe lower levelcounter spacerooms are smallvalet parkingcorner roomheart of downtownohio riveran older hotelconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was the cheapest I could find for a 3 day business trip to downtown Cinci

The hotel is clean and the decor is 1920s Art Deco

Chose the continental breakfast each day and the food there was very good. Excellent service all round

Easy 5/10 minute walk to the riverside

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

This is truly a gem from days gone by. Beautiful lobby and bar area. This was the host hotel for a meeting I attended. My room was nice, but it could use some freshening up. Not enough plugs for today’s electrical world. Bathtub was a little creaky. I will say the gym this hotel has access to is the best one I have ever used while traveling. I would certainly stay here again but I hope the rooms get made a little more current.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
gmJET, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Greetings Will1989,
Thank you for staying at our Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. We're delighted to learn you enjoyed the décor and history of our hotel There will never be another one like it ever built. Thank you also for the kudos for the fitness facility located on the lower level. We do have some guestroom updates scheduled for later in the year. For now our mission remains to provide clean and comfortable accommodations and friendly yet refined service. Thank you again and we hope to see you again should your travels return you to the Queen City.
With Good Wishes,
Jason Tyson

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The Netherland Plaza is like stepping into a time warp. The Artdeco architecture is beautiful and worth seeing. The common areas are lovely. However, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. They are small, dated, the bathrooms are extremely small - basically you have to move out of the way to be able to shut the door. The walls are paper thin. I could hear every conversation in the room next to me and anytime someone in the proximity flushed a toilet or showered you could hear everything. The street outside is also loud. I appreciate that it is a historic property and I'm glad I saw it, but it was not a restful three nights. Service was good, that's why I gave it four stars. I think they are trying to do all they can under the circumstances. I would probably pass in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Somewhere near the valet parking is a sign and a picture saying the hotel was built in 1931. That was probably also the last time some of the rooms got updated. I was on the 22nd floor in a room which could only be reached through a narrow side hallway.
The only modern feature was the lock with touchless cards and the option to use your cell phone as a key.
The room had an old fashioned - no: the better word is outdated - feel. The air was stuffy and the AC slow. I did not manage to get some fresh air in as the window appeared to be welded shut (unless there was some way to open it at least a little bit).
The bathroom was ridiculously small with barely any space to put something down.
1960s at best. Not something that should be associated with the Hilton name.

I can’t speak to the restaurant as I did not use it. Valet parking was reasonable but not cheap. The gym (actually an independent facility) was huge but there was no way to personalize the tv and there were no screens on the cardio machines. But then you should concentrate on your work out anyway.

1  Thank cweisemann
gmJET, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Greetings cweisemann,
Thank you for staying at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. We understand that some travelers prefer more modern surroundings and apologize for any hvac issue you may have encountered. We do hope you enjoyed our service. We are delighted to have just received the Hilton Hospitality Award of Excellence for 2017. This award goes to hotels with the highest aggregate scores for overall service, helpfulness of hotel staff and brand personality. Thank you again and wishing you comfort in your future travels.
With Good Wishes,
Jason Tyson

Reviewed 14 March 2018

While this hotel was not my first choice it provided for an acceptable stay. Considering it's location near the Duke Energy Center it proved a close alternative for the event I was attending held there. The room was clean upon arrival and remained so daily through a three night stay. The overall value for the price paid was a bit pricey considering the size of the room and the amenities offered. I did not use the restaurant as the price for a breakfast was pretty expensive (over $22/per person). If the event I attended lands once again in Cincinnati I would stay again if similar circumstances were to occur.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business