“BEST Taco I've EVER eaten!”
Review of Taco Bamba

Taco Bamba
Ranked #2 of 12 Quick Bites in Vienna
Reviewed 31 December 2017

The 5-star review is purely for the Crispy Shrimp Tacos. I've never had a better taco in my life. I love the candied pepper on top. It's a winner! I come back, time and time again, just for this $4 taco.

Cons to the joint:

1. One has to wait a long time to get their food
2. Their chips need serious revision- took thick and dated

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This place is always busy. Doesn't matter what day or time - if they are open, they are busy. I'd hate to come to this place during a lunch rush. The tacos are good, but the seating is already very limited, so it is hard to really enjoy your meal. I appreciate the Mexican beverages like tamarindo and jamaica. The taco choices are a bit unconventional - if you like that kind of thing. Like Mexican with a twist.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank JRIZ
Reviewed 21 December 2017

This is one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in the Tysons/Vienna area. The food is freshly prepared and your order is typically ready in about 20 - 30 minutes.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 December 2017

As soon as I entered, the bright red & gray decor and loud music announces this taco place is modern and sleek. It's located in a nondescript strip mall in the heart of the Town of Vienna, another Northern Virginia suburb outside Washington, DC. The huge red menu on one side and the bright red bar on the other side befuddle the brain for a quick minute, am I here for food or happy hour? It's early in the day so I settle for a late lunch, but note the happy hour specials for later.

For my first visit, and for those with adventurous palettes, the menu surprises and delights! This is a menu with plenty of personality! Breakfast all day starting at 8:30am, that's my kind of schedule! Plus proteins not so run of the mill such as octopus, beef tongue, crispy beef intestine, spicy goat, that's just for starters. You can also work your way globally round the menu with Moroccan, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese flavors oh my! Vegetarians won't feel left out either.

I enjoyed my San Diahhhgo (Grilled Swordfish) and Chicharron Taco (Braised Crispy Pork). Delicious! The flavors fresh and bright, creatively different, quirky twists but really tasty! As I finished my late lunch, the early happy hour was starting. A group of well-dressed young people walked in and sat at the bar, and the music got louder. Hard to leave because it seemed like a fun place to hang out but someone has to work :)

Added bonus is that Vienna, like the original Falls Church location, will work with Food Donation Connection to donate much of its daily food surplus to area charities.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 8 December 2017

This place has EXCELLENT Tacos and a relaxed environment. Taco Bamba is ideally suited for adults to hang eat and drink.

*** This is not a family friendly environment - unfortunately. If you have kids, you are better offer ordering carry out -- rather than trying to rough it out in this loud environment with limited seating. ***

Date of visit: November 2017