“Among the very best in NoVA”

Maple Ave Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 189 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Globally influenced American cuisine in the heart of Vienna, VA.
Reviewed 15 November 2017

No wonder this place ranks in the top 50 NoVa restaurants – it’s that good. On Sunday, Mondays and Tuesday they run a special prix fixe with 3 course for $35. You can’t beat that! For starters, the stand out favorite is crispy broccoli -- deep fried and served with a pungent green sauce. The chicken empanadas pay homage to one of the owner’s favorite dishes and comes with some greens. Main courses of grilled arctic char was moist and flavorful. The spätzle was browned in butter and bursting with flavor. The pork belly steak was like having a pulled pork steak, with roasted potatoes and a chimichurri sauce. Yum! Dessert of a yazo crème brulee that creamy and tasty and bits of dried orange Of course I had to try the Lithuanian Honey cake. I counted 14 different layers. Nothing short of amazing. Service was impeccable, prompt, attentive and helpful. Wines by the glass and reasonably priced bottles. Quiet ambience. Note: the place is small. Get a reservation. Been a long time since I had a meal this good. Will be back again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went there out of curiosity for lunch one day having a passion for great diners which is what this place looks like from the outside (and somewhat out of place given more modern facilities all around it).
We absolutely loved the food - interesting history online about the chef who started the place.
However... seating is very limited and while I'm OK with the price for the quality of food - the environment is horrible. Regular diners are better than this very old building.
Not knowing anything about the place ahead of time, our expectations based on the facilities/building and the menu was just not a mental match to truly enjoy the meal. If you like the concept of a delicious gourmet meal that could be served to your car with servers in roller skates, this is your place.
Likely sounds snobby until you've been there, but a gourmet meal with corresponding prices should be served in a place better than my own simple dining room...in my humble opinion.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Five stars without a doubt!

I can't even tell you how many times I must have passed by this restaurant in the past without even considering it. It's super tiny and simple with an equally small parking lot in the back, which is why it's imperative to make reservations. Even though my friend and I didn't know to make a reservation for brunch one Saturday morning, we were lucky enough to get a table. And boy am I happy we did!
We were greeted by a friendly hostess and all throughout our visit there, helped by a very pleasant and accommodating server. We ordered Man-mosa and Currant Affairs to drink and Almond Ricotta Pancakes and Braised Pork Belly to eat. My friend enjoyed his Man-mosa which was a mix of IPA, orange juice and triple sec. I'm not a fan of beer, so I can't speak to the taste but I think it's cool to have a male version of a mimosa (lol). I normally drink black currant tea, so I figured I wouldn't be disappointed in the Currant Affairs drink which is black currant and sparkling wine. I wasn't disappointed, but the drink was a bit too sweet for my taste.
Now onto the food (drooling just writing about it). The pancakes came with house fries, but forget about those fries. My pancakes were beyond delicious! The ricotta cheese and almonds were mixed in in the batter and it tasted oh so good. The pork belly was freaking yummy! It came with rice, bean puree, sunny side egg and adobo BBQ sauce - perfect mixture. As a matter of fact, it was so good I ordered one to go and had it for lunch hahaha.
Overall very pleased with the brunch. I can't wait to try it for dinner!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I'm so glad my partner found this little gem on the "10 best list"! It's a real relief from the chains in the suburbs, and worthy of being a destination in itself. Small and humble setting but original and delicious dishes. We went back our second day in the area to try more of the menu and were not disappointed!
The chicken wings are a gourmet version of the buffalo variety -- best I've ever had!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Interesting, quaint, good food, about the right pricing for the DC area. Staff was friendly but not overly so. Professional. The food was middle to small size portions. The taste was good but not great. I had the pork belly and a dessert which was also small. I have no complaints at all but they really did not wow me. My dining partners made no overt positive comments except for their fried apple pie dessert.