“Excellent”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Go for the bento boxes! This neighborhood restaurant is reliably excellent. Terrific food and very good service in a pleasant environment at a good price. There is nothing not to like at Yama.

1  Thank fiamma11

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Fresh is the name of the food here. Great family atmosphere and quick service. I was a single traveler and got treated as if i had a table of 8. In a small strip center I visited this restaurant for the first time as my normal sushi restaurant was in the midst of street construction and I could not find parking not a problem at this restaurant. The uni was great! Check it out not only are the rolls visually appealing that taste great too.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I love this restaurant. They provide from my perspective the best Sushi I have had so far. My favorites are the Dragonfly roll and the Bubba roll. I suggest to make a reservation since the restaurant is normally very busy in the evenings.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We dropped on Sunday for dinner at Yama Sushi in Vienna. It was very crowded and the service was a bit slow, but it was worth the wait. My wife and I enjoyed the sushi and sashimi combo for two (priced at $46), we split a premium cold sake, and because we had to wait so long, the owner / proprietor gave us a complimentary dessert. We chose a ginger ice cream that we split.

The restaurant is a little noisy and on the night we were there it was understaffed, both on the server side as well as in the kitchen. The kitchen struggled to keep up with the packed restaurant as well as a large number of takeout orders from locals.

Overall, it was very good and I will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Lunch box with sashimi, California roll, tempura, tofu, sprouts, pot stickers and rice for $10.95 pretty much sums up the value side of the review. A lot of food for a small price, and the good is uniformly and consistently fresh and good. It doesn't have the glitz of Morimoto or Nobu, but it doesn't have the pricetag, either. A very solid restaurant and a terrific value.