All reviews double bed old faithful budget cabin geyser basin adjoining cabin visitor center small desk shower and toilet clean towels ice machine can't beat the location private bathroom stayed two nights small room late at night gift shop oscillating fan
Reviewed 15 November 2017

These are basic cabins, small and plain, but with comfortable beds, good heaters, and with shower and toilet. The real claim to fame is that Old Faithful and Geyser Hill are just outside your door, and all the stores, restaurants, etc., of the Old Faithful area are easy walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank malcolmmanners
Reviewed 4 November 2017

The front desk clerk greeted us in a polite and professional manner upon check-in. Our cabin was about as plain and simple as you could get. Small and fairly clean with a double bed. If the future, a hotel room will be the top priority, not a cabin. The best thing about this cabin was its location at Old Faithful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

On a spur-of-the-moment trip, two of us headed out to the Grand Teton / Yellowstone region, during the second week of September, so we had no reservations for any lodging anywhere, figuring we would find something in West Yellowstone if we were lucky or worst case scenario, find something as far away as Bozeman, MT.

As luck would have it though, on our first night in the area, Sept. 13th, I phoned the Yellowstone Lodges Reservations Desk to see if there were any last minute cancellations that I might be able to reserve for that night. Greeting me on the other end of the line was a great desk receptionist, Kelly Knapp, who set us up with a cabin with a double bed and a twin bed.

This cabin was as basic as it gets, small but cozy, and had everything we needed for the night - comfortable beds, hot showers, clean towels, heat and a couple of lamps to see what we were doing. Pretty much nothing else. But for both of us staying there, after arriving in some heavy rains, this place turned out to be perfect. The location, just a short walk from Old Faithful and the Upper Geyser Basin, allowed us to go exploring this geological gem at the crack of dawn, avoiding the masses who would be descending upon the boardwalk trails later in the morning.

When visiting America's national parks (remember, this trip wasn't planned) my first priority is to find a room in the park if possible. It allows me to maximize my time experiencing the parks instead of driving to them each day. That being said, Location takes precedence over everything else. And my experience has taught me not to have high expectations for the lodgings I could afford within the parks, but to rather be grateful for the accommodations that allow me to stay in the parks.

As I stated earlier, this cabin was simple, but it served its purpose for us. When I decide to plan ahead for another Yellowstone adventure, I will have no hesitation reserving one of these cabins.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank TheSimpleTraveler
Reviewed 27 October 2017

After having stayed at the Frontier Cabin at Mammoth Hot Springs the night before, and being pretty satisfied, I expected the Frontier Cabins at Old Faithful Lodge to be similar. However, they were not. The cabins were clean enough, but much smaller. Almost all of them are furnished with one double bed. Its amazing how small those beds can feel. The shower and bathroom facilities are quite small. Now understand, when you can't get a room in the Old Faithful Inn, these cabins offer an alternative right next door. And of course what is the highest priority - location, location, location. If I was to do it again, I would change dates, call earlier, whatever I needed to do to not stay in the frontier cabins.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We stayed for two nights in Frontier Cabin when visiting Yellowstone in September. The cabin was conveniently located, close to the main building with Front Desk and Restaurant/Café and the Old Faithful. The cabin was of good size, all clean and bed comfortable. No hairdryer. We enjoyed our stay and can recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple