“Amazing location, top notch hotel, and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Desert Pearl Inn

Desert Pearl Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing location, top notch hotel, and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My family stayed at the Desert Pearl Inn during the summer time and could not have had a better experience. I honestly believe that ZIon National Park is one of the most magical places on Earth. The view from the Desert Pearl Inn made every morning special. The room itself was surprising (in a good way). First it was huge! We were traveling with two young children and even with a pac-n-play and a bed on the floor (for the toddler) there was PLENTY of room. Everything was well decorated and extremely clearn. I had no problem letting my baby crawl around on the floor. The kitchenette had real dishes and again, very classy. The pool area and the patios from each room were so fun. My mom stayed in a 1 bedroom suite...WOW. I couldn't believe how nice it was, with a view of the river, can't be beat. We were so sad to leave and can't wait to go back. The bus to Zion picks up right outside the hotel...so convenient. Oh..and the beds were really comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room viewing the pool...with little kids it made going to the pool that much m...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KateAPJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
Ermington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Desert Pearl is a great place to stay. Nestled in amoungst the red sandstone rocks it certainly is a pearl. Stayed here in August 2010, The room was fantastic, with great furnishings, the bed had lovely linens and the pool a delight. The manager was extremely helpful when we discovered there had been a booking mix up at our next hotel and allowed us to stay another night in the same room. As we were parked out by then we stayed the whole day in the lovely pool amoungst the red rocks. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Zion Parks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed in a Riverview King unit, and it was exceptional. Well laid out, including a small patio with a stupendous view. The bathroom was luxurious, consisting of two rooms with translucent doors separating them, heated floor, just amenity after amenity. A great kitchen area, small but complete, and a dining area. One of the best we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kjosker
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

The view from every room in this Inn is amazing. It's right on the Virgin River next door to Zion Park. Basically you're in Zion with the red cliffs at your door. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean with beautiful linens. The staff and manager, Tom, were welcoming and pleasant. They provide all the information you need to make your stay and excursions into the park trouble free. This is a first rate hotel. I look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: It's worth a few extra dollars to get a room river side if available.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Boater32837
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have traveled to many places in the world and this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at, especially given the location and value. I would highly recommend this place to any type of traveler. I would agree with most of the positive reviews here.

Location: The entrance to the Park is very as is the case with other Springdale hotels. Despite the higher prices, I'd strongly recommend staying at Springdale vs. other cities to maximize your time.

Value: Very good given the quality of the rooms. ~$100 for off-peak. I would have paid a little more for a room with better views if I were traveling with another person.

Sleep Quality: The beds were great and the town was quiet.

Amenities: There is an outdoor Jacuzzi which I did not use since I forgot to bring my swimsuit. It looked great though. You can rent VHS for free at the front desk. I actually rented DVD's from the local grocery store (Sol Foods) for $3/ 2 nights.

Others: There is a Starbucks adjacent to the front desk which I didn't use since I left early for hiking and returned late.

Room Tip: They have a small oven and a great assortment of kitchenette so you can stay in and cook your own me...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo