Mountain Riverview Guesthouse
US$36
US$30
Vieng Tara Villa(Vang Vieng)
US$53
US$45
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Vang Vieng Rock Backpacker Hostel(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
US$9
US$7
  • Breakfast included
Laos Haven Hotel(Vang Vieng)
US$21
Hotels.com
US$25
  • Pool
Phoomchai Guesthouse(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$126
US$118
Agoda.com
Inthira Vang Vieng(Vang Vieng)
US$102
US$82
Agoda.com
Pan's Place(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Good perfect Mountainriverview clean room and looking sunset and sunlight can see the view mountain and river from room Vangvieng district very beautiful and lovely many people tourist in Vangvieng good people and good orther

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

We had 3 nights here...

The positives: room had a great view from the balcony and room was fairly spacious

The negatives:
> we had a king bed but they only gave us a sheet for a double and with no remote to change air con we were freezing and fighting over the sheet all night. We asked for another but they wouldn't give it to us. They did give us the remote for the air con in the end
> we walked in and they said we would need to wait 5 min for room, ended up being 30-40min and this was at 4pm in the afternoon
> staff were fairly rude, not overly helpful
> put washing in the day before we left, said pick up at 5pm the same day, we went the next morning and it was still soaking. Said to them we need to pack to leave please dry it. Went back an hour later and some of the clothes still wet so had to put in the bag wet.. The staff did not care and pretended not to speak English. And tried to make me pay twice, also charged me for 4 kgs,and we wouldn't have had more then 2kg.

It was just the little things for me that annoyed me and built up over the few days. I wouldn't stay there again as I believe you an get better customer service at the same price.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2016

The location is very close to the busy area of bars, restaurants, night vendors, massages, and mini-marts. The amenities provided by this hotel is sufficient and are of acceptable quality. Clean room.

The breakfast is a set of eggs (omelet, fried or scrambled) and a large piece of baguette (a very very common type of bread here in Vang Vieng). Breakfast is usually served with a good view of the mountains, covered in mist when visiting during the winter season.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Pros:
1) The view from the balcony is great.
2) The room is spacious and clean enough.

Cons:
1) Although the view is great, you can only really enjoy it from a balcony. Because the windows are covered with ugly gratings and nets.
2) The room itself is all dark-brown, looks too gloomy for me, taking into account the nets and gratings on the window.
3) They gave me a wrong wi-fi password several times and didn't even say "sorry". I had to waste my time rushing to the reception and back to my room several times trying to find out which password was working on my room. Also the wi-fi didn't work for 1 day. When it finally started to work, nobody from the staff let me know about it (although i had been asking). I found out that it was working by accident. So their attitude is completely indifferent, they don't care about their customers.

Room Tip: The higher, the better view
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

A very pleasant guesthouse down the quieter end of town away from the bars. Very clean, timber floors, great view of river and mountains. Good air-conditioning. Helpful laid back staff. Easy place to spend a couple of days exploring round Vangvieng.Good overall value.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple