“Best thing here is the view”
Review of Vienna House

Vienna House
Ranked #13 of 15 Restaurants in Aluthgama
Price range: US$18 - US$64
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: All 5 rooms at our Vienna House are equipped to satisfy the needs of weary travelers after a hard day of sightseeing in and around the Bentota. Also the rooms are open on to the balcony with a garden and the beautiful Bentota River view.
Reviewed 2 April 2017

The restaurant is located on the top floor of the building and the views to the river Bentota are very nice. There were no cold beverages. Both the softdrinks and the beer were warm. I guess the fridge was'nt on. The food tasted very nice but the chicken pieces in he devilled dish were filled with bones. The staff was friendly though.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We got good recomendation from other who has been at luch in same place.
we went for dinner around 1930. Place was quite empty , Only one English couple and us. No stuff visible and we were allmost leaving and laughing with other couple that this place is odd... then we manage to order food and beer. Employees do not speak properly English. Food ordering was dissaster but we decide to see what we get etc.
This whole place was joke. Employees/ Manager looks that they were not in good shape or drunk. Wife order prawns and I took chicken. Wife got super strong but tasty prawns, we liike hot but this was over the limit... Manger came and explain that they use fresh stuff and takes TaKe to cook etc, My chicken was diffrent than I order... but portion looks good and after 50 minutes waiting I did not send it back. Chicken was grilled and first bites was tasty and nice. After first bites I realize that chicken was raw... totally raw from inside...
I told to waiter and he was just looking or he did not understand enough English... we did not eat more and pay decent bill and left... cannot recommend this place for dinner.

2  Thank Koti J
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Poor service ok food. Wife had the king fish which she said was nice enough but I had the chicken in bread crumbs really over cooked and I mean really over cooked, staff were really disinterested and when another couple arrived in the restaurant they waited a good ten min before anyone turned up to serve them. Ever tried eating chicken with a fish knife me neither before my visit here? Great view of the river though.

1  Thank P T
Reviewed 11 September 2016

My wife and 2 friends were visiting the area and looking for a local experience sea food restaurant. We came across Vienna House, situated on a roof-top with a great view. The food was extraordinary, by far had the best sea food since we arrived to Sri Lanka!

We had huge delicious lobsters, mouth-watering king prawns, calamari & cuttle fish with some sort of magical sauce coupled with amazing rice and salads. A must try among the many other delicious looking menu items.

You don't usually get welcomed by the owner and his sweet family who were very kind at welcoming and making our experience even better, along with good service who did not leave us out of his sight.

Vienna House is definitely a destination everyone should experience!

All the best!

1  Thank Salhidiq
Reviewed 18 September 2015

The restaurant is on the rooftop and had wondetful views across the river ,but its certainly not for anyone who is not fit ,its a long climb up several flights of of stairs . The sea food soup was truly amazing ,but you had to wait a very long time for your meal . The night we were there the dumb waiter they use was out of action so the waiter was having to run up and down tne stairs . They also ran out of beer ,wr had one each then none available .

1  Thank Susan B