Ensuenos
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow(Little Corn Island)
US$59
Dobedo(Little Corn Island)
US$40
  • Restaurant
Sea View(Little Corn Island)
US$40
Hotel Los Delfines(Little Corn Island)
US$74
  • Bar/Lounge
3 Brothers(Little Corn Island)(Great Value!)
US$15
Christina's GuestHouse(Little Corn Island)(Great Value!)
US$24
DreamCatcher(Little Corn Island)
US$27
Picnic Center(Little Corn Island)
US$53
Las Palmeras Beachfront Hotel(Little Corn Island)(Great Value!)
US$24
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Carlito's Sunrise Paradise(Little Corn Island)
US$80
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno electricityper nightsmall kitchennature loversminute walkgorgeous beachoutdoor showermosquito netramoncandleshikejunglecocodreamflashlightparadisecasas
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I just spent 11 nights at Ensuenos and loved it! I stayed in the “Coco Attic” which, at $25 per night, was probably the most basic accommodation option. I literally had to climb up a tree and through a hole in the floor to get into my room, lol! But, I kinda knew what I was getting into when I booked that room and I thought it was fun! There was a comfy double mattress with a mosquito net and there were also towels and candles. For $25, I have no complaints!

I wanted to be in a quiet, peaceful place surrounded by the jungle and the ocean and I was not disappointed. Ensuenos is super funky and cool and has the best beach. I loved the outdoor shower and I was so pleased that there was clean well water to drink right from the tap. Cooking on the open fire was fun, too. I mostly just made tea and oatmeal and fruit but it really helped me keep the costs down, as food on Little Corn is expensive.

Don’t come expecting a full service hotel with a concierge service and staff that all speak English. Do expect some things to be on island time. It’s all part of the experience! They just hired Wolfgang, an enthusiastic young guy from Managua to help out with the guests. He is super-cool and friendly and speaks English well. I really enjoyed hanging out with him during my stay.

About the walk through the jungle . . . I actually really enjoyed it. It’s green and beautiful and the paths are easy to follow. You definitely need a flashlight, though. As a solo female traveler, I didn’t chance it by attempting to walk back to Ensuenos in the dark alone. That just seemed like asking for trouble. I either went out in a group or found someone in town to walk home with. I also heard that you can ask the staff at whatever restaurant you’re at to find a trustworthy local to walk you home for a small fee.

The snorkeling was great right off the beach! The guys in the “Siet Hermanos” boat take folks out most days. It’s not a well-organized business with scheduled snorkeling tours or anything! You can try approaching the guys when you see their boat pull up, check with the staff and then see what happens. They had good gear and charge $15 for two hours of excellent snorkeling. I probably went out with them five times and it was the highlight of my stay.

I didn’t eat at Ensuenos much because I was out there alone and liked going to town to socialize in the evenings. I had one phenomenal dinner there and one that was not substantial enough. To be fair, I think they were waiting for the fisherman that night and he didn’t come. Breakfast was excellent, though! They make a really yummy coconut bread.

I also really liked that they had yoga mats and a place where I could practice every morning, the “palace of bamboo.”

I loved my stay at Ensuenos and really hope to return again next year. It’s not for everyone but that’s what makes it special!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The people here are super rude, I couldn’t believe it. Never have been treated this way. They say they’re ‘peaceful’, but it’s everything accept that. Would definitely not recommend, better spend your money elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I don't consider myself high maintenance at all (I never mind staying in hostels), but Ensueños was a little too rustic for me. I booked it based on the reviews and the pictures of the beach. And it did have the most incredible beach.

I didn't mind that there was basically no electricity, wifi, that you had to literally crawl into our room, or that there was no where to unpack our belongings.

I did mind the roach that crawled on our bed, the fact that there was no mirror (not vain just acne prone if I don't put on my medicine), and the food was unreliable and kinda expensive for dinner at $20 a person. Leaving you with the only option for dinner of going into town for food (30 minute hike with no lights, bring flashlight) or eating at Yamaya for not much less. I'm not a glutenous eater or overweight, if you were wondering, but was definitely hangry more than once.

You cant buy or order snacks through the day if you got hungry - leaving us with a muddy 30 minute trek into town for food and snacks. The whole place definitely shuts down early with there being no electricity there's nothing to do besides sleep past 7:00 pm because it's pitch black and mosquitoey.

All that being said definitely met some very lovely people staying there, the beaches were incredible and can't beat that view. It was definitely an experience that I enjoyed for 3 nights but then wanted to stay somewhere with commodities like hot water and a mirror so we left a night early. I felt a little permanently dirty and unkempt.

In summary my largest complaints are lack of consistent food for purchase, lack of mirror (not even in the outdoor bathroom) if you are like me and don't wake up with flawless skin, and the bed was constantly pretty sandy.

But it's an interesting adventure and how often do you get to stay in a literal tree house! But I couldn't do it for longer than a few nights, it's not for everyone... I stay in hostels usually and this was definitely a whole new level of wilderness much closer to camping. I would have enjoyed it more had I came more prepared - bring food, alcohol, flashlight, mirror with you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We were not happy with our stay and left early. It was raining inside and the door was broken. The owner Fixed it the day after. But considering we had paid 30€ per night per person we were not happy. The atmosphere was sad! It is not worth the money. The cabin we had was in the bushes so in the dark we could not Find it. There was nobody to help us.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2017

This place was picture perfect, and the best place on the island to cozy in for your trip. Ramon & Judit are so wonderfully friendly. Remember, this is the Caribbean so everyone is very relaxed and enjoying their lives - including the hosts! Do not expect prompt, consistent service on your schedule - expect it in Island Time! They will make you cozy and then the rest is up to you, unless you happen to pass them on the gorgeous beach and beautiful grounds. They have a lovely "friendly farm" of animals and fowl of all types to add to the experience. Their portion of the beach is arguably the best on the island - secluded, but open and directly out of a computer screen saver! There are beautiful places to look and relax in every direction. We stayed in the private cabin, which was wonderful. Two double beds, small kitchen, outdoor shower, toilet, porch, etc. So worth it, and such a treat! We cooked a lot of our own meals, but their shared kitchen and "restaurant' were wonderful as well. The kitchen staff are funny and friendly, but again, do not expect prompt service. It is not a restaurant really - no menus, no happy hour. They will serve you whatever they feel like cooking, at whatever time is best for them, and it's all good!! It's a tad expensive for the long-term traveler, however, so plan ahead and bring your own snacks, and note the use of a woodfire oven and basic outdoor kitchen - but it's like camping, so know how to make a fire in the dark, and a way to boil water! Be prepared for a trek through the jungle to get to anywhere beside your bed. It gets dark early, so if you plan to go out past 5:30 PM, bring a light source. The jungle is safe and quiet, and it is about a 20 minute walk to and from "town." If you want a quick walk to amenities, do not stay here, but if you want an incredible, un-touched, quiet, cozy place - absolutely stay here!

We stayed here at the same time as a recent review by Rebecca S, and I wanted to make sure I left this review to counteract her negative one. The island is casual, with no cars and only the occasional wheelbarrow to truck your stuff, if you are friendly and willing to ask. If you are staying on a remote island, be prepared to trek it! We were forewarned of a walk through the jungle, and knew what we were getting into - she should have too, even with the lack of "taxi" service 7 WiFi. Ramon and Judit have a family and life, and we are their guests that fit in around that, not the other way around. This place gets quiet at about 4:00, so 6:30 PM actually IS very late for Island Time - and yes, they are in the hospitality industry, but in the sense that they are offering their home and property to you, not in the sense that they run a hotel with a concierge and turn down service. It is very dark or getting dark at that time, and most people are in their homes with their families, unless they own a restaurant / bar or are out AT those restaurants/bars. Think of this place as more like camping in the jungle than staying at a hotel!! Which includes wild animals - expect to see them, get close to them, and possibly have them explore your space - everything is open, and we are in THEIR home. The creature probably pooped on her stuff as a way to say good riddance to her! We met Rebecca and she was not the most flexible, pleasant person - plenty whines and misunderstanding of the best part about the island - it's complete carefree whimsy. On multiple occasions we saw her with a frown on her face, which stood out like a sore thumb in such a smiley, happy, friendly, relaxed place. We asked Judit or Ramon for help or suggestions a few times, but we always made sure to catch them when they were out and about kept a flexible mind about the timing. We suggest you do the same. Be happy for such a lovely place to lay your head and enjoy, and you will have a wonderful time.

Overall, our experience was WONDERFUL, and we felt like the luckiest people on the island to get to stay here. Highly recommended, and please don't let bad reviews about hospitality affect your choice to stay here. It is worth every bit of the flexible lifestyle.

Room Tip: The cabin available is cozy and perfect for 4 people traveling together, who want privacy and a stint with a little bit of luxury
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple