“excellent will stay again”
Review of Castle Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I dont know what the bad reviews are about, I went to a wedding in Durrow castle and myself and my wife and 8 friends stayed in the castle arms and we all had a ball.The staff were great, we got to know them by name.Very professional.The food lovely ,the rooms very clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Castle Arms Hotel

Reviewed 8 February 2010

I recently stayed at the Castle Arms Hotel as I was attending a wedding in the nearby Castle Durrow. Three of us travelled down from Wicklow to stay for the night of the wedding. I would have to disagree with any of the negative reviews that I have read on the Hotel as our experience was well above expectations.
As we were travelling a long distance I rang the Hotel in advance requesting an early check in - this was no problem to accommodate. We were welcomed on arrival and shown to our room, which was clean and tastefully decorated. We had lunch before we left which was absolutely delicious and there was a very warm friendly atmosphere in the bar, and the staff were extremely conscientious - attending to our every need.
The morning after the wedding we enjoyed a hearty breakfast - again the staff were very obliging as one of our party is a very fussy eater!!!!
I would have no hesitation in staying in the Hotel again - the staff were extremely friendly and we were made to feel so welcome from the moment we arrived.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2009

stayed here for 2 nights.went to a wedding in nearby hotel but they had no vacancies so booked in here.
Really enjoyed the stay.Room was clean and spacious with what looked like a newly refurbished bathroom.
Had dinner the first night from their bar menu and thoroughly enjoyed it.Waitress was really friendly.Homely feel about the place.
i asked could we have a late check out and was allowed the room until 2 pm which was helpful after the wedding reception the previous night.
overall good stay

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Stayed in Castle Arms Hotel while attending yet another wedding in Castle Durrow . It was wonderful . The staff were friendly and courteous, atmosphere good , we had lunch in the bar when we arrived , great choice and excellent value for money. Had time to punch in so took a look around the ballroom is amazing , I wondered why the wedding wasn't here... Rooms comfortable and breakfast was second to none. I'll be going there again when travelling from Dublin to Cork.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky123Dublin
Reviewed 5 May 2009

stayed here a couple of weeks ago.had good stay so decided to stay over night before heading to cork for the weekend.
Hotel was really busy with bus tours at the time of check in but still got checked in and sorted.music in the bar that evening,alot of friendly locals about so overall very happy.
breakfast very fresh.
will b back. keep up the good service

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
7.4 km away
#4 of 4 in Portlaoise
Roundwood House
Roundwood House
#1 of 1 in Mountrath

Been to Castle Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!