Fasbourn Hall(Buxhall)
Haughley House(Haughley)
Fasbourn Glamping(Stowmarket)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfunction roomdual carriagewaydaily specialsmince piesbirthday partychristmas dinnerwedding venueeach eveningcomfortable roomrump steakbit datedevery member of staffbudget hotelfull english breakfastduty managerstayed for one nightfamily room
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We really cannot fault the Cedars and the staff for the way they looked after our guests and us for our wedding party. Matt and the team instantly made us feel in safe hands the moment we arrived at the venue and they were attentive and professional throughout. We, and many of our guests also stayed overnight. Thank you. You contributed hugely to an amazing day.

Stayed: May 2018
Michelle W, Front Office Manager at The Cedars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear V3457HZandym

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review regarding your wedding party and stay at the Cedars. I am pleased to hear that the day was amazing for you and that the staff delivered such a great level of service. We do aim to deliver this service to all our guests.

Matt and the team have also read your review and would like to thank you for your comments and pass on their congratulations.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I must have stayed in this hotel more than any other in my life. I have loved it's quaintness and idiosyncrasies and the staff have always made it personable and friendly. However, it recently was bought by a larger chain and it is in danger of losing its USP's. I was told the bar would close at 11pm so I popped in for a nightcap at 10.30. If I'd left it a moment later they would have been closed. My shower doors were broken, there was no soap in the shower soap dispenser and the bed wasn't very comfortable. I really hope they improve as I want to stay here in the future but it will need to get better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Michelle W, Front Office Manager at The Cedars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear John M

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Cedars Hotel. I am so sorry to hear that it didn't meet your expectations and that not only did the bar appear to be closing early but there were also issues in your room. Please accpet my apologies on behalf of the whole team and I can assure you that the items you mentioned will be looked at and addressed. In light of this, the General Manager, Mr Matthew Cooke, has asked if you could possibly call him at the Hotel to as he would really like to discuss this with you personally.

As mentioned in previous replies to guests the hotel is due for a major refurbishment in the New Year and I do hope that you will bear with us in this transitional period as we really would love you to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Nice staff made me and my wife feel at home, food was lovely, room service was ok although it took its time! Lovely place to stay, will be returning soon! Nice atmosphere also reminds me of the Hilton Hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle W, Front Office Manager at The Cedars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Cedars Hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you felt at home here as our team do try to make all our guests feel very welcome. I also note your comment on the good food and can only say that this is because our food is homemade - you can definitely tell the difference!

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best service I have ever received at any hotel. We had a great stay with several meals that were all delicious, second only to their amazing and helpful staff. We left feeling cared for and we haven’t stopped talking about them since (and also wishing our current hotel had their staff!) Should we ever come to Suffolk again, we will absolutely stay at the Cedars. Big huge thank you to Matt, George and Cameron as well as the rest of the staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Michelle W, Front Office Manager at The Cedars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Tanya

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so happy to hear that the food and staff all exceeded your expectations and I have passed on your thanks to those that you mention by name and also the rest of the team.

We would love to welcome you back to the Cedars.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My husband uses a lot of these hotels for business that’s why we decided to stay in this one. Best Western apparently have just taken this one over. We only had a weekend away but was extremely disappointed. The room was very dirty and old-fashioned like most of the hotel. The bathroom was dirty and old-fashioned and the shower was permanently going hot and cold.
There was mould on the wall food stuck on the radiator and under. Bedside unit there was bits of paper and hadn’t been hoovered for months. There was blood on the balance sheet and the mattress was so old it tilted to one side so obviously we didn’t have any sleep. They need to got the hotel.
The Staff are friendly and breakfast was lovely on the first day. Second day was served by two girls who was not even interested in serving. We were there for 10 minutes before I we wax even greeted and had to ask twice for my toast and twice for an extra coffee. Certainly not very good at all. I would recommend anyone to stay there until it has a complete re-Ferb

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sue X

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Cedars Hotel and on behalf of the team at the Cedars would like to extend our sincere apologies that your stay was such a disappointment.

We are aware that the hotel is in need of an update and we do have a major refurbishment planned in the New Year, in the meantime we are trying to ensure that the rooms meet the Best Western standards. However, in respect of the cleanliness of your room, although our Housekeeping Team do have a rigorous cleaning regime, some things were clearly missed and this obviously needs to be looked at and additional training given where needed.

With the service issues on the Sunday morning this will also need to be looked at and once again please accept our sincere apologies that we did not meet you expectations.

I do hope that you will visit us again, maybe once the refurbishment has taken place but should you wish to speak with me please do not hesitate to contact me on 01449 613668