“Is this the most complacent lacklustre restaurant/ cafe in Suffolk?”
Review of Tall Orders

Tall Orders
Ranked #19 of 56 Restaurants in Stowmarket
Cuisines: British
Description: Cafe,serves food/drinks
Description: Cafe,serves food/drinks
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It takes a lot to make me write a poor review but several years of lacklustre service mean that the moment has come.

Tall Orders - this is your just desserts.

This place takes its clients for granted. Order a scone and find that you have to beg for jam or cream (actually don't bother they don't do cream). It's counter service here so the whole experience relies on staff (nearly always engaged in talking amongst themselves) making as little effort as possible.

Who are the management/ owners? What's their story? You will never know as there is no information available.

The decor is tired - think Athena posters meets Lyons Tea House but without any of the charm. Tall Order is rife with condensation and often very stuffy. When a queue forms the staff look so disgruntled - almost as if how dare you bother them.

In short this business doesn't care about the customer experience. It offers no empathy and no customer love.

I will carry on buying from there because there are not that many decent venues yet in Stowmarket. But if you are thinking of opening a new cafe - do it. The current competition is complacent and easily betable. I will be very keen to see if they get better.

1  Thank kEvin D

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We are working in Stowmarket for a few weeks, we had tall orders recommended to us and gave it a try. It’s brilliant, great staff very helpful. We usually have cheese scones served hot these are really large, then eggs Benedict, absolutely terrific, highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

good for coffee and sandwiches at lunch time wide variety of sandwiches, toasties, salads, hot food, pleasant staff.This is a good eating place to meet friends for a natter over a snack

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I hadn't been in here for a while but went along today with my husband and son. I was pleased to see they've added some goodies to their menu, more slightly unusual things, plus they have a range of Gluten free bagels and other things. I had a delicious avocado and smoked salmon on toast.
Only downside to our visit was that I had to keep getting up to let Mums and buggies, people in wheelchairs, etc, through as the table we'd chosen was in the pathway of door to counter. I think they should either rearrange or take one of the tables away, leaving a direct 'flight-path'. It was very busy and all other tables were taken, creating a barrier across the restaurant. Having said that, the staff were pleasant and not flustered. I would go again but sit elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

A good little place if you're looking for a tea/coffee and Of course a cake or a snack, a well used cafe for shoppers and business people looking for breakfast and lunch.