“Would not eat anywhere else”

V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This Signature restaurant offers seating for up to 70 guests who truly enjoy the art of fine food and wine. Located on the ground floor of the central building. Elegant decor with air - con or open aired (weather dependent). Type of cuisine : Modern Fijian Opening hours : 18:00 - 21:30
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The staff can not be faulted, and the prices are very reasonable for this class of restaurant , but the food is the star. Chef Muni is able to not only deliver on the menu, seared scallops to die for but has also offered to cook his specialties for us. The slipper lobster was divine and the baked fish Fijian style was truly a delight and I need the recipe. Can't wait for our last 2 dinners before we sadly head home. Will definitely make this our home base on our return trips
The Hockleys

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Very tasty food.. hits all aspects of your palate! Definitely will go again! Service was outstanding

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

-Friendly welcome
-Very comfortable seats
-Glass of Sparkling on arrival
-Soft romantic atmosphere dimly lit with candles
-Great food

I was greeted with a warm welcome for my 8pm dinner booking and seated at a table by the window. I immediately sank into the beautifully comfortable chair and was given my menus.

I decided to entrust my wine selections to my waiter and a 2015 Marlborough Pinot noir was suggested for my entree of beef carpaccio.

The beef carpaccio was lovely in texture and flavour but was, in my opinion, missing a slightly salty aspect. Apart from that, it was perfect.

At the same time that my entree came out, I was brought some bread with trio of condiments and it was beautiful! The butter was delicious, fluffy and flavoursome!

A Heathcote shiraz was matched to my chosen lamb cutlet main.

The Lamb was extremely tender and all flavours of the dish were balanced nicely. The eggplant purée was smokey and definitely made the dish!

A "compliments of the chef" was a pork rillet and was lovely (and I'm not normally a fan of pork so that is saying something)

Whilst I was dining alone, I decided to order the "V Signature" dessert and wow! The chef wheeled a cart over to my table and placed a large sheet of Perspex down in front of me. My dessert was then constructed in front of my eyes whilst the chef explained each component of the dish as she placed it on the board. Such an incredible experience instead of just bringing the dessert already plated to the table! Well done V on the interactive experience! Not only was it fantastic to see and hear about the dessert coming together, it was delicious! I struggled to finish it all as it is a dessert best enjoyed by two people but I wasn't leaving any coconut foam filled chocolate sphere behind!

I will definitely be back again next visit to the Sofitel Denarau and if you enjoy fine dining, this is a must for your Fiji trip!

VINAKA!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Most of the food available across the resorts on Denarau (and at the port) is pretty standard fare but at V the chef makes a huge effort to present a high standard of cuisine but with many of the dishes still retaining an island theme. An excellent wine list including some nice French options - not cheap but given how dear alcohol is in Fiji it isn't outrageous. Lovely service too. If we had one small concern it would only be that some of the servings are really very large. Well done and thanks!

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

A fantastic dining experience.

From the moment we walked the service and hospitality was perfect.

Special shout out to our waitress silvener, raj and chef muni. Thank you for a lovely dinner.

You will not be disappointed.

No wonder its number 1 in Denarau

A bonus being an Accor member