“Overated”
Review of Burrito Craft

Burrito Craft
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Wanaka
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: OPEN 7 Days 06.30m - 9.00pm. Mexican mobile food trailer located at 51 Brownston St Wanaka selling Breakfast Burritos, Burritos, Tacos and more ! Come see us and feel free to bring a beer or wine as its BYO.
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We were recommended this place by some people we had met at the pub.
The burritos were bland, no flavour and had to ask for salt and some sort of sauce .
Salad not fresh and just well, it wan't terrible but only average.

Monty2802, Owner at Burrito Craft, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hi, this is unusual as we always salt our food well and are generous with sauce. Salad comes in fresh daily also. We apologise for any disappointment and invite you to contact us directly admin@burritocraft.co.nz so we can offer a resolution. Thank you for your time :-)

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I purchased the fish burrito with extra guacamole. It was tasty. The only downside was that I found a 1 inch woody stalk in my first bite which became lodged in between two of my bottom teeth and I had to yank it out. Feels like I may have chipped a tooth. I told the staff about it and they apologised and said it must have been a coriander stalk (I ain't seen a coriander stalk like that though - It was black). No refund was offered unfortunately.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

A few American Dudes served up an awesome burrito. The Crispy Fish and Shredded Beef were top notch.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Terrible. Waiting time of 30 minutes for a burrito. Staff were busy talking about their profits for the night, but no focus on serving customers. Never again. Don't bother!!

Monty2802, Owner at Burrito Craft, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Hi Andrew_Jamey1, We apologise your burrito took 30 minutes however I'm very sure this would have been told to you when you ordered as we tell everyone about wait times and you obviously made the conscious decision to still go ahead.

This time of year in Wanaka is extremely busy (as I'm sure you noticed) which is great and we welcome it however there has to be a certain amount of patience with customers and most seem to understand this. We are a tiny food trailer and serve a large number of people daily and do everything in our power to keep up with the demand. At peak times e.g. 7-9pm you would almost be hard pushed to find anything in Wanaka for less than a 30 minute wait. As for staff discussing profits I find this hard to believe as they do not have access to look at it however they may have been discussing how busy they have been whilst still pumping out food as fast as they can.

I hope you enjoyed your burrito after the 30 minutes and enjoy the rest of your time in Wanaka.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We had the chicken burito and the pork burito and we're not dissapointed. We got the large as it's only $3 more than the regular and both struggled to finish them. It was also a refrrshing change to get the level of hotness you ask for. We would recommend this to anyone looking for a quick bite to eat.