“Tiny room and rude front desk staff”
Review of C & L Suites Inn

C & L Suites Inn
Ranked #25 of 53 Dumaguete City B&B and Inns
Rockville
“Tiny room and rude front desk staff”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My boyfriend and I (who is Caucasian) intended to stay here for a week but we cut off our stay since not only was the room tiny but the ladies manning the front desk were so rude. They would acknowledge my boyfriend everytime but completely ignore me (Filipina descent). After three days of this disrespect, we moved to Plaza Maria Luisa Inn nearby and was more satisfied with their bigger room and courteous staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Eleanor G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at the old C&L Suites Inn. The location of this inn is perfect for going around town. It is within walking distance from the Cathedral Church, a park and the public market. To go around town, just ride one of the many passing tricycles in front of the inn.

We stayed at this hotel after coming back from Siquijor. I picked this hotel partly because they provided pick-up and drop-off shuttle service. When we arrived at the port, the driver was already waiting, with a sign board in hand. We were transported in a new air-conditioned van to the inn. The room rate also comes with free breakfast, which was not bad. We asked for them to serve it at a certain time, before we left for airport and they did. The car taking us to the airport on our way home was waiting for us when we got to the lobby.

The room was nothing special, but clean. There was a tv, cabinet, table and chair. The bathroom was also clean and well kept. There was a water heater, towels and soap.

The employees of the inn were friendly and accommodating. We asked for them to refrigerate the baked good we were going to take home at the restaurant at the top floor and they allowed us. We ate at the restaurant for dinner. The food was not bad, but it took a while for them to serve our food, probably because there was a full house.

Overall, I think the inn provides good value for money with their location, shuttle service, free breakfast and good service. I will recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 23 January 2010

The first night I checked into C&L Suites I went out for a few hours and when I returned I noticed that one of my packs – the unlocked one – and my toiletry kit had been searched. Thankfully nothing was missing – even the $100 USD bill I had secreted in my toiletry kit. Since it was night and the only workers in the hotel seemed to be a guy at the front desk and an armed security guard I waited until morning to report the violation. To my knowledge no action was taken by hotel management. Naturally, I was very careful about locking my luggage each time I left the room. Since the intruder had not found the $100 bill in my toiletry kit (nor had anyone else after almost a year of hotel living) and I thought the chances of 2 bold and dishonest employees at the same hotel was slim I left the bill there. A few days later I noticed my bags moved. When I checked for the $100 bill it was missing. Again I reported the incident to the hotel management and demanded that they replace the stolen money. They claimed that they would review their video surveillance tapes before agreeing to anything. After 2 days of allegedly reviewing the tapes they maintained that no unauthorized individuals had gone into my room and refused to reimburse me for my loss. When I attempted to deduct the $100 from my hotel bill upon checkout the hotel called the police. Even though I had filed a police report on the matter I was given the choice to either pay my bill in full or join them at the precinct for formal booking. Begrudgingly I paid and left. On a positive note the hotel is relatively new and management keeps it clean. Management should pay as much attention to honesty as they do to cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo