“Great Evening - So much to Eat”

La Guinguette Gaudoise
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in La Gaude
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2013

First time here with work colleagues. There was 15 of us & we were very well looked after. We opted for the middle (price wise) of the set meal (28 Euros). The food was plentiful & very good quality. We of course sampled the house wine (the red & the rose) & no complaints from anyone there either.
As others have mentioned if you plan to eat here then starve yourself prior. Highly recommended whether there is a large gang of you or for couples / families. This will be on the top of my list to visit again when I am in that area.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

La Guingette is somewhere we go to when we are very hungry, the atmosphere is charmingly rustic with very generous portions of food and friendly service, but definitely not for pretentious diners. Our most recent visit was on a Sunday and the place was packed with families out for the day enjoying the ample, but delicious food on offer. For a € 31 menu cost each, we were treated to a variety of charcuterie starters, tasty mushroom ravioli, followed by tender,rare roast beef (hard to find these days) or rabbit stew and then a tasty plate of perfect cheeses, all finished off by a choice from the extensive dessert menu.
A perfect Sunday lunch and well worth the visit, with fast friendly service, a pichet of local red wine and coffee, well worth the visit and highly recommended to those with hearty appetites!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have eaten here many times over the last thirty years. As others have said, the food is very generous and traditional but the Thursday Fish Soup is even more wonderful. For those who don't know how to find it, drive from Nice along the promenade des Anglais to Cagne-sur-Mer, then strike inland taking the D18 up to La Gaude. It is right in front of you as you reach the lower part of the village. The only photo I have was taken about 17 years ago, but we were all enjoying ourselves!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

THIS is THE place to go to if you want to experience very tasty local cuisine in massive portions, a very nice and traditional atmosphere.
You eat in general far too much so I would recommend to skip a few meals before going there. The raviolis are gorgeous as well as the daube (traditional beef stew). The service staff is very friendly and you get lost in the authentic setting with big tables, wood everywhere, etc..

Reviewed 9 September 2012

As my parents own property in the area we often dine out with freinds who live in France, and this is a favourite of the locals . Having seen other reviews of this restraunt I think its an establoished fact tht I can only agree with that it is not the easiest place to find. But is certainly worth the trouble of getting there.

It probably isn't somewhere that suits all tastes. In addition its not aplace regualry visited by tourists from what I can tell. This is of course a good thing if you like trying local cuisine and going up into the hills away from the tourists. However this has a downside, I was with a fluent french speaker (and french freinds who talk English). This meant that they were able to choose our food, most of the locals do order the set menus ( see other reviews for a summary of the menu) .
This restraunt certainly has a rustic feel about it which may out some diners off, but dont let first impressions scare you away. The menu also has a rustic feel, so might not suit all tastes (although I was a little worried my girlfreind would not like it, I was wrong!). Although personally I enjoy eating there, and a great place for those who like to try something a little different. One more thing the deep fried courgettes are to die for! The weather was pretty appalling the night we visited but I know there is a nice outside dining area.