Terminal Neige - Totem
  • Spa
    • Restaurant
    • Free Internet
    TripAdvisor
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    • Pool
    All reviewsclassic roomski shoprecommend this hotelhot tubski roomhalf boardbreakfast was excellentperfect hotelski tripshort ski breakspiced appleopen planwarm glasscool hotelgreat weekendaren toutdoor jacuzzi
    Reviewed 19 March 2018

We (3 male friends) have just returned back to the UK from a fantastic 4 night stay at the Totem.

Snow conditions were superb but the weather only played ball for 1 day (cloudy with poor visibility for the remainder).

We stayed at the Loft (massive lounge with ample sitting and a feature fireplace and 3 en-suite bedrooms) which felt really special (particularly as we are normally happy with 3 single rooms) …

The hotel is friendly and located in the Forum area – you can put your skis or board on as soon as you exit the ski room which makes it really convenient.

The outstanding feature of the hotel is the lovely, bright, airy bar area – we spent a couple of hours there every day, “revitalising” our tired bodies with a G+T or a beer. Breakfast is fresh, plentiful and the variety is excellent.

We ate at local restaurants for 3 nights (L’Ancolie up the hill – the restaurant has a shuttle to take you there and back – was our favourite) but the weather (heavy snow) “forced” us to eat at the hotel on Saturday night – we had the buffet which, as expected, was of great quality (lots of variety too).

My only slight criticism is that the boot racks in the ski room are not heated.

We really enjoyed the Totem and the Grand Massif.

We will definitely be back as a boys group BUT I wouldn’t hesitate in also coming visiting with my wife and 2 boys.

This was our first time in the Flaine and the Grand Massif – we are expert skiers / boarders and we managed to cover mostly everything across 3 days, we might have got a bit bored over a week so – so in my mind I would definitely come back for at least a long weekend (only took us 90 mins to get here – we booked a transfer with Go Massif which I would strongly recommend).

Thanks to everyone at the Totem for a great weekend.

Stayed: March 2018
    2  Thank Frangos
    Caroline_Weiss, Directeur général at Terminal Neige - Totem, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Mr Frangos,

I would like to thank you for this nice and complete review.
    I'm happy to read that you have enjoyed the Loft, which is ideal for friends or families.

I hope to welcome you with your family or friends very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is ideally positioned for ski in/out although there is a short flat area immediately after leaving the boot room. There are then 3 lifts that can be taken easily after this short flat area.
    The interior of the hotel is cool and funky, not your normal wood everywhere ski accommodation. The staff are very helpful & friendly, with many of them speaking perfect English.
    We stayed half board and glad we did, the food is adequate without being fantastic, but it meant we could relax in the hotel after a day out skiing.
    We had a club room which over looked the mountain, stunning view. It was slightly larger than the standard room and was a decent size.
    Flaine is an easy resort to get around, well signed to the other linked areas.
    Would definitely go back for a 3/4 day ski trip.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank CA49

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Terminal is an extremely friendly place, very well suited for your ski vacation. It is a real ski in / out (if you do not consider 20 - 30 flat meters run a problem). You are in a descent access to 3 - 4 chairlifts and cable cars, arguable the best location in Flaine.
    We stayed there for a 4 days ski with my brother e.o. February (me ski, him - board). Flaine area is nice for intermediates, and well suits 3 days ski with ~150 mostly Red pistes. There was no real fresh snow for offpiste, but if it was we saw plenty of suitable space. If you stay longer - plan to ski outside in Grand Massif. We did and found Samoen area less interesting, and lower - which resulted in worse weather and lower visibility then in Flaine. If weather is bad stay ski in Flaine.

Hotel offers good breakfast, we read revews and extended to HB and did not regret for a moment. Kitchen variety is medium , but all food is very tasty so you need no more.

Rooms are very clean, nicely heated and 100% comfy. Very modern and well maintained for the price.

Stuff is the best part. We go often to |Club Med, and well, Terminal is another league. Stuff are so helpful and efficient in any case you could not expect more - any small wish you express.

In short - great place, very good ski and 120% value for your money. Would definitely recommend to friends and consider coming back.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Vzak69,

Thank you very much for your nice and complete report about Flaine and Terminal Neige Totem.
    I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay!

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The hotel has a superb location in Flaine. The interior is warm and cosy, especially the bar area which has a very chilled vibe with a great log fire.
    The rooms are clean, tidy if not a little small and the room we had had a really nice few of the slopes. However i found the bed a little uncomfortable and the mattress quite soft.

All the hotel are extremely, friendly, polite and helpful.

The guys in the ski shop are very helpful and its great to store your boots there so they are nice and dry the next morning, although the prices are quite high compared to the local ski shops across the road, although you are paying for convenience.

I think the only downside of the hotel is the breakfast is a bit limited and repetitive.

All in all a very enjoyable experience and i hope to return for another trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear David R,

Thank you very much for your nice comment! I will share it with my team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I loved the interiors of this place. It felt modern mixed with 1960s. My room was lovely too. Right in the centre of the town too with easy access to lifts. The bar was a nice place to unwind after skiing. I did think it was quite pricey but it was worth it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
    Caroline_Weiss, Directeur général at Terminal Neige - Totem, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

We thank you for sharing this comment on TripAdvisor.
    We hope that we will welcome you again during your next visits in Flaine