“Fab pizzeria ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this after using the app to try to find a restaurant . Looks basic from outside but we took a chance and went in. First night we went , very quiet and initially the place was full of smoke, adding a rustic charm to the surroundings . Smiling faces chomping away gave a clue that food good. Friendly service followed . The patron works in an open kitchen at the end of the restaurant next to the jewel in the crown ...the wood fired oven. We ordered pizza ...of course. But there are classic Savoyarde dishes also ...i.e. Cheese in bowls type stuff. Wife no fan of pizza. Ordered a Four Seasons which due to the seriously hot furnace like oven , came quite quickly. As did my chorizo one. Immediately one sees why this is a highly rated pizza. None of your regimented perfectly round pies . These were roundish , had a wonderful light crisp base. Toppings plentiful but not so as to drown the flavours of the base. Wife declared the Four Seasons to be " The best pizza she has ever tasted " anywhere. ! What an accolade . Couldn't agree more. My meaty pizza was fabulous. Taste was super and the base is so light , really not one of those where you can't finish . So overall and excellent pizzeria . Ended up going twice.....would have been three nights on the trot but one night it was closed.....and on the second night a party of twenty locals took table behind us, so that's validation . We did see some of the traditional Savoyarde dishes and they looked great. Must be difficult to get table in high season, it was popular enough in low season. Go, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We were searching for a family dinner at 18h - nothing was open but the lovely lady here agreed to let us come in, she herself being in the middle of her dinner but didn't mind stopping to settle us in etc. The children had the delicious fondue and I had herbed lamb which was very good if slightly pink.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We had been here before and once again we enjoyed dining here.

Good choice of local specialities and pizzas. Friendly service.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We had lovely pizzas here. Good selection and all freshly made to order. The restaurant accommodated us, a group of 14, with no effort. The children's order was taken first and their pizzas arrived quickly. Service was friendly and swift. Excellent pizza spot.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I went here because of a misunderstanding. A friend has recommended this place. What I have missed was the full advice: the place to get fromage fondue for one, as all the other places do it only for double orders. And that is the best part.

The first warning sign: dirty tables full of dirty plates. On the terrace. I thought they were about to close down so I made a reservation for the next day. Still, the waiters told me they were still serving dinner. So I made clear the reservation for tomorrow was still good and choose to wait. 10 minutes later someone starts crowding one table with the dirty dishes of a second. And voila! There is one empty table. The waiters are looking tired and they are slow. We receive less forks than needed, but the sharp knifes are put in front of everyone, starting with the children.

The place is crowded. The indoors serving area is stuffy. And the tables both inside and outside are put far enough so you won't rest your elbows on the next one. The service is slow and uneven. The people at the next table were already seated when I reached the place yet their order came even later than ours.

I could not taste the difference between the supermarket fondue and the stuff served here. Maybe there isn't any, I can't comment on the ingredients as I have never seen them.

At this place napkins are something very exotic. Nobody bothered to offer and we had to ask twice.

Still, I wanted to honor my reservation. So the next day I was welcomed by the same tired faces and the same dirty plates crowding one table on the terrace. It looks like more than one table was cleared and that was the storage space. I said something about my reservation and the answer was the same as the day before: 10 minutes and everything will be okay. I said thank you. The small supermarket nearby offered frozen pizzas at less than 4€ a piece. They were not much worse than their 16€ offer.

Finally, this is not a bad place. For a steep increase in price it can be better than supermarket food. Not the fondue.

12  Thank 74Lara