“A delicious and delightful day in Tuscany!”

Castello della Paneretta Agriturismo Cooking Class
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We arrived in Ponggibonsi not knowing what to expect. We left Patrizia and Massimo with our stomachs full and a deeper love and respect for Tuscan cooking. The landscape...perfect. The food...outstanding. The company...not to be missed. Thank you for teaching us how to cook simple and delicious spinach ravioli, artichoke Giudea, roasted guinea fowl wrapped in proscuitto and tiramisu. Grazie, grazie, grazie! Recommended to all!

4  Thank Stephanie D
in 34 reviews
"cooks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Patrizia & Mossimo are the most incredibly warm and hospitable hosts. If you are looking for a truly unique and unforgettable Italian cooking experience than you must attend the cooking classes at Castello della Paneretta. Patrizia takes you step by step cooking amazing dishes with intermittent wine breaks & snack breaks (loved the wine breaks) It was more about life and love than just a cooking class and the food we ate after was insanely good and the scenery is to die for. I cannot wait to return and visit Castello della Paneretta and meet with my friends Patrizia and Mossimo again. Be sure to buy some of their homemade olive oil, I savored mine.

1  Thank SRVPHutch
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Patrizia and Massimo are salt of the earth; they're easily two of the most genuine and sincere people I've ever met. This made the experience all the better. The class only consisted of my wife and I (and our 1.5 year-old who tagged along). Thus, it made for a very intimate day in the kitchen.

If you're looking for an actual "class" that will teach you how to cut carrots and measure flour, this is not the place for you. Patrizia and Massimo teach a much more philosophical class that teaches you about the Italian way of approaching cooking. I personally think this is much more meaningful and interesting than a traditional "class." You'll get your hands dirty, but they will also make a lot of the meal on their own, so don't expect that you'll get to do everything. I was completely fine with this.

The value for money is unparalleled. I looked at many classes and this one was easily the best value. After taking the class, I would have paid twice as much for it. Patrizia and Massimo run an entire winery and farm. The ingredients you cook with and the wine you drink all comes from the land you're standing on. It's incredibly impressive.

Overall, I cannot recommend this class enough. Take a day out of your holiday in Tuscany and spend it with Patrizia and Massimo. It will likely be the best day you've had in a while. I'll be sure to stop by and see them again when I find myself in Chianti again.

3  Thank bozman52
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had a super lesson from Patrizia and Massimo. They involved the children very well and inspired them to try italian cookery since we have been home. The ambiance is spot on and Patrizia was very interesting explaining the background to why they cook what they do, not just how. Her English is very fluent, they made us feel most welcome in their home. One of the highlights of our holiday in Tuscany.

4  Thank FredRk
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and spent a wonderful afternoon with Patrizia and Massimo in their beautiful Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by vineyards. It was in fact the unexpected highlight of our 5 day anniversary trip to Tuscany. We had such a great time. Patrizia welcomed us into her home and conveyed her ethos of feeding the family (eating in season, organically and to enjoy what you are doing). We made almond biscotti, ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese, a vegetable bake, rabbit wrapped in pancetta. We tasted wines, cheeses and basalmic vinegar. All four of us then sat down in their beautiful dining room to eat what we had just made. We were blown away by this unique experience and great company! Found through Trip Advisor - thanks for reviewing or I may not have booked!

7  Thank karen k