“We had a lot of fun and learned how to prepare some nice dishes”

Castello della Paneretta Agriturismo Cooking Class
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a wonderful time doing this cooking class. Patrizia & Mossimo are fun and very entertaining hosts. We also did learn quite a bit during our one-day class so we have already repeated some of the dishes we prepared numerous times since we returned to the US. As someone else has noted we also enjoyed the frequent wine tasting breaks. Patrizia & Mossimo are also very accommodating. If you arrange the class far enough in advance you can also give them suggestions for the menu. We took the class with two other participants who had requested that the menu focus on seafood. We were happy to go along with this suggestion.

2  Thank Emily W
in 34 reviews
"cooks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you go to Firenze or Pisa and don't do a cooking lesson with Patricia and Massimo you are missing out on one great experience. We (my parents and my wife) stayed for a few days at this agri tourismo and needless to say took a few cooking lessons over my birthday in 2010. I must it was a memorable birthday gift from my wife. Make sure you go there!

3  Thank Rohit S
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We arrived in Ponggibonsi not knowing what to expect. We left Patrizia and Massimo with our stomachs full and a deeper love and respect for Tuscan cooking. The landscape...perfect. The food...outstanding. The company...not to be missed. Thank you for teaching us how to cook simple and delicious spinach ravioli, artichoke Giudea, roasted guinea fowl wrapped in proscuitto and tiramisu. Grazie, grazie, grazie! Recommended to all!

4  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Patrizia & Mossimo are the most incredibly warm and hospitable hosts. If you are looking for a truly unique and unforgettable Italian cooking experience than you must attend the cooking classes at Castello della Paneretta. Patrizia takes you step by step cooking amazing dishes with intermittent wine breaks & snack breaks (loved the wine breaks) It was more about life and love than just a cooking class and the food we ate after was insanely good and the scenery is to die for. I cannot wait to return and visit Castello della Paneretta and meet with my friends Patrizia and Mossimo again. Be sure to buy some of their homemade olive oil, I savored mine.

1  Thank SRVPHutch
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Patrizia and Massimo are salt of the earth; they're easily two of the most genuine and sincere people I've ever met. This made the experience all the better. The class only consisted of my wife and I (and our 1.5 year-old who tagged along). Thus, it made for a very intimate day in the kitchen.

If you're looking for an actual "class" that will teach you how to cut carrots and measure flour, this is not the place for you. Patrizia and Massimo teach a much more philosophical class that teaches you about the Italian way of approaching cooking. I personally think this is much more meaningful and interesting than a traditional "class." You'll get your hands dirty, but they will also make a lot of the meal on their own, so don't expect that you'll get to do everything. I was completely fine with this.

The value for money is unparalleled. I looked at many classes and this one was easily the best value. After taking the class, I would have paid twice as much for it. Patrizia and Massimo run an entire winery and farm. The ingredients you cook with and the wine you drink all comes from the land you're standing on. It's incredibly impressive.

Overall, I cannot recommend this class enough. Take a day out of your holiday in Tuscany and spend it with Patrizia and Massimo. It will likely be the best day you've had in a while. I'll be sure to stop by and see them again when I find myself in Chianti again.

3  Thank bozman52