Romitorio di Serelle
Hotel Primavera(Barberino Val d'Elsa)
US$335
US$73
  • Room Service
Borghetto di San Filippo(Barberino Val d'Elsa)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
Hotel Semifonte(Barberino Val d'Elsa)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$123
Travelocity
Hotel Borgo Di Cortefreda Relais(Tavarnelle Val di Pesa)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$106
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa(Tavarnelle Val di Pesa)
US$778
Hotel Villa San Giorgio(Poggibonsi)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
US$90
  • Pool
Quercia al Poggio(Barberino Val d'Elsa)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswine tastingother guestsstove topprivate patiofantastic weekthe entire propertyoutside arearecommend staying herecentral locationhome basewatching the sunsetvisiting tuscanyplaces to visitfantastic placemade us feel at homechianti regiongreat hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This facility is an old, restored hermitage. There are 14 separate apartments, rustic yet with modern conveniences. You can cook your own meals in your kitchen or partake of the delicious 4 couse dinners in the dining room for guests only. The place is even more remote than we had assumed from their website. In spite of that, it was a perfect jumping off place for day trips in all directions. Perfectly quiet, great views. Has a large pool that we didn't use due to the cool weather. We stayed 6 days and hated to leave for home...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We stayed at Romitorio for a week in mid-October. Our apartemnt overlooked the road and from our patio we viewed the hills, forest, olive groves, and vineyards. The colors were spectacular as was our furnished apartment. Roberto and Marco were great hosts and truly know how to make you feel at home and very special. Marinella is a magician with the food. We ate in the restaurant three times and it was always different with beautiful food presentation and the flavors were magnificant. We saw several of the small towns, Castellina being our favorite and drove through the countryside each day but the best part of our day was returning for a late afternoon nap and then enjoying a true Tuscan meal. We highly recommend Romitorio and wish we will return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed at Romitoro last year when I visited Italy. When I returned this year, I was going to be traveling alone and wanted to be a little closer to Castellina so I wouldn't have to drive the windy roads late at night by myself. I booked 6 nights at a place that was highly recommended here on Trip Advisor. But upon arriving, I found I was very disappointed. It was nothing near as special as Romitorio -- and I was really bummed that I would have to be there for 6 nights. The apartment was small and dark, there weren't very many places outdoors to relax, no one was on site and it felt deserted during the day, and it was down this long, dark, creepy dirt road. So, on the 2nd day, I contacted Romitorio to see if they had something available and YES - they did. I was willing to lose about $500 in a non-refundable payment to transfer over to Romitorio. While I was in the area, I drove around and checked out several properties recommended here and none of them were as nice as Romitorio. For one thing, many of them sat in a valley or in part of a forest area with views that weren't that special. Also, some of them were really small properties -- so it seemed like it would feel like you were staying at someone's house vs. an estate. Romitoro has several buidings and one of the things I like most about it is that it sits sort of on a plateau with sweeping vineyard views on 3 sides. You can see far across the valley to distant hilltop towns, other villas, etc. Also, Romitorio has MANY outdoor areas where you can sit, read a book, drink a glass of wine, or nap under the Tuscan sun. Finally, they have a restaurant on site that is for guests only --which is really nice. After a day out you don't always feel like getting dressed to go back out for dinner, so it's nice to just mozy over to the restaurant and have a casual dinner -- and the meals there are always good. The apartment I had this time was wonderful with this cute little balcony patio that was very private - I sat out there every moring in my PJs and had my coffee -- looking at the beautiful views.

I have learned my lesson -- when in the Castellina area I will NEVER book anywhere except at Romitorio.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank BagsPacked58
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My wife and I just returned from a week at this spectacular farmhouse in one of the prettiest areas of Tuscany, I cannot say enough good things about the views that surround this place. Walking around the property the views are spectacular in every direction, and with the colors just beginning to change into the reds and yellows we are accustomed to in New England, it was a great setting.

Marco and Roberto were gracious hosts and were willing to go above and beyond our expectations, giving us special dining options. Food was a great value at $ 26 euro per night for a 4 course very delicious meal.

We had the opportunity to visit Volterra, Siena, San Gimignano, Florence and Castellina (loved all 5 places) and did the Castello di Verrazano wine tour/lunch, which we both loved and would recommend to anyone.

Weather was not great for our week with only 2 sunny days and temps never reaching 70, but we left very happy knowing that someday we will return again and will whole heartedly recommend this place to everyone.

the only reason our rating was not 5 stars for everything was the overly hard mattresses which left us uncomforable. We have plush pillow top mattress at home which could have affected our opinion as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We have just returned from a wonderful week spent at Romitorio Di Serelle. The location is just perfect with the most fantastic views of the Tuscan countryside from all directions. It is the ideal base for sightseeing, being so central in the Chianti region and less than an hour from Florence and Sienna.

Our apartment "La Torre" was beautiful, very rustic, full of charm, clean and spacious. Marco, Roberto and Co were all very friendly and helpful, providing the answers to all our questions.

We ate in the restaurant and found the food to be authentic and delicious, it is 4 courses and very filling but they change the menu every day and it was some of the best food we have had in Italy.

We had a fantastic week and each evening we looked forward to returning to the perfect spot to relax and unwind and after a busy day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple