“If I could give no stars I would!!!!”

Osteria Spirito di...vino
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Sarteano
Price range: US$24 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The owner is rude and obnoxious and with only four people in the restaurant we were turned away! Just like Mary and Joseph no room at the Inn but here there wasn't even a stable. We were recommended to try the restaurant but warned after that the owner could be odd and off hand - well he is!!!!

3  Thank Marchinglobsters
There are newer reviews for Osteria Spirito di...vino

Reviewed 6 June 2015

Cant comment on the food as we were rudely turned away. I'd advise you to book- we tried on a sunday but it was closed during the day. As a party of six we went back that evening anyway and walked in to be met by a hostile look from the 'owner' who asked me in quick italian if we had booked. I tried my poor italian to ask for a table for six and tried to say we had tried to book but he cut me short and said in English he was fully booked. It was eight o'clock and the whole place was empty. We are all middle aged 'respectable' looking tourists and he clearly couldn't be bothered to serve us. I might have believed him if he'd even had the decency to apologise but the place was totally empty. We've been to Sarteano several times and its great don't be put off all the other restauramts are good and the staff lovely - not here though.

1  Thank DaveBH2014
Reviewed 11 April 2015

Lovely tiny restaurant.service and food was excellent ,the owner was friendly and efficient. Try the pici!

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Our hotel recommended this as the second best place in Sarteano. We recommend staying with the first which is outstanding. The wine list is somewhat limited, but we managed to find a great Brunello. Regrettably the cuisine couldn't even come close to matching it. They used stale Parmesano, and when we mentioned it, the evening went badly (very defensive). Scaloppini seemed like half portions, drenched in oil or butter. Osteria Spirito di Vino has more of a Roman (menefregista) feel than Tuscan hospitality, sorry to say.

2  Thank Kirklandboy
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This trattoria has been recently taken over by a new inventive management and offers excellent food and a homely atmosphere.

1  Thank gufettopaciugo