Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
StayForLong
All reviews little bit course menu wine walks nature premises farm art sun
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2021

Delicate room - with flowers. Superb service in restaurant and outside terrasse and a very tasting 6 course menu with a good combination of wine.
and the sun is always shining at Tjøme. I will love to come back.

Date of stay: June 2021
Emma Järpell, Hotelldirektör at Engo Gard Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Thank you Marianne for you kind words!

Hope to see you soon again!

Emma, Engø Gård

Reviewed 15 August 2020

We went with friends for an overnight package which included dinner and breakfast.

The hotel is stunning, very well maintained and beautifully located.

The room was large, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated. Lush bath robes and slippers in the room as well as a Nespresso coffee make with four capsules! The only thing we missed was in-room safe and refrigerator/mini-bar.

The breakfast was very good with lots of home-made options but it was only open for two hours and finished at 9:30, which we find a little bit early when you are going away for a luxury weekend.

The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a nature walks on the premises and a beautiful in-door pool.

Charging of electric cars was difficult as they only have two chargers and not high-speed.

We would love to go back anytime.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank TravellerMan72
Emma Järpell, Hotelldirektör at Engo Gard Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Thank you so much for your kind word, It especialy warms my heart to read about our amazing team! I will surley let them know!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2019

We stayed just for one night, but the experience we had was one of a kind. The room was spacious and very clean. I liked the design and the tone of the room. The whole surrounding of the hotel is amazing with many things to do and see, especially if you like to be into nature. Very nice breakfast that the majority of the was ecological and made there. Very friendly staff.

Date of stay: August 2019
IvarNeteland, General Manager at Engo Gard Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Thak you very much for a nice review. We wish you all the best and welcome back any time.

Reviewed 6 July 2019

We travel 1 week in Oslo and Tonsberg to see the beautiful nature in the area. This hotel is just a beautiful calm and relaxing place to be. Very nice gardens and we loved the old style of the hotel. Staff so friendly and cosy, very personal. They had an argentinian head chef that impressed us very much. Great food for all our meals here. For sure we will return to this peaceful resort.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraBauwens
IvarNeteland, Daglig leder at Engo Gard Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2019

Thank you very much for your review. Your kind words inspire all of us to work even harder for all the guest at our hotel. We wish you a great summer and welcome back any time.

Reviewed 5 May 2019

During my short stay in Tonsberg I drove to this place for lunch one day. I have been here before and the setting with the view to the sea is very relaxing with calming beautiful surroundings. When I arrived a business group was having lunch,the Maitre D' said that if I found the group noisy they could seat me somewhere else. I thanked for the info, but would stay in the main room.The business group did not bother me at all. Main course for lunch was chicken. I really wanted fish and asked if they had any fresh seafood. No problem, the Maitre D' said he would ask in the kitchen. The Chef came to my table and said fish was no problem, he listed 3 different ones, however one of them, the Seawolf they did not have too often and he had just received fresh supply.

I had a beautiful and very tasteful made seafood lunch with fish soup and Seawolf. The staff are very friendly and knowledged..

Due to their friendliness and care they made my day.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IvarNeteland, General Manager at Engo Gard Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is very inspiering for us, and we will do our very best to maintain your impression.
Betst regards.