“Nothing special! Just a bunch of people wiiling to pelase you!”
Review of Coliba Haiducilor

Coliba Haiducilor
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2018

With good food, traditional from Romania, wine and music,and by the end our well knowed papansi. Awesome!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We decided to call Coliba Haiducilor to make a reservation for 3 people at 7pm.

They answer the phone, confirmed the reservation, however by the time we arrived, 15 minutes after 7pm, nobody knew about our reservation and they let us stand in front of the door for around 20 minutes,ignoring us completely.

After checking with all their staff, they took us through the kitchen, to reach the other room, where they sat us down and told us in a rude way - you have time until 8pm as someone else will be at this table!

We felt very unwelcome, therefore we decided to leave, moment when their staff along with the manager became aggressive towards us and even pulling the hand of my sister until the moment we went out of that place!

Did I mention that we travel more than 3 hours as we were coming from a different city, just to have dinner in their place ?

After that horrible experience, we decided to go to Aurelius - Împăratul romanilor (The King of the Romans) where we had one of the best services, food was amazing , wine outstanding and the vibe was just perfect!

Shame that We have so many tourists in our beautiful country and unfortunately this is the kind of “experience” they receive most of them...

Recommendation? Someone should train the staff about “hospitality language” or even more simple - send them back to school to get some education.

3  Thank Madalina T
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I’ve tried the traditional fried dumplings desert (“papanasi”) in over a dozen different places throughout Romania, but nothing so far beats the ones served at Coliba Haiducilor: tasty, fresh, puffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, just as the maker intended them. For me, this alone is good enough reason to stop by this place.
But there’s more to be appreciated... At the other end of the meal, I’ve greatly enjoyed the Transilvanian beef soup with taragon and cream, accompanied by a home-made bread so good and fresh that I could swear it was coming directly from the heavens, and not from the in-house bakery. To make good use of the bread, I’d also recommend ordering some of the available spreads, such as the “zacusca” or tarama.
Between the starters, the soup, and the desert, I confess I ended up skipping the main course, but I’ll leave that for the next time - because a next time there will be.
Thanks to the friendly staff and looking forward to go back!

1  Thank lluke
Reviewed 29 December 2017

LOCATION
The original hall is beautiful, charming and cozy; everything else including the additional rooms are so bad and anachronistic

MENU
It is traditional Romanian food yet the menu both food, wine and spirits is so long you can't find the end. No chef's recommendation etc. to help you guiding you through the choices

SERVICE
Overall we did not have any issues yet it is average at best. Staff does not seem happy at all and as a consequence they are far from being friendly

ATMOSPHERE
The original hall had great vibes, yet you can sit there only with large groups. The new rooms are horrible, without charm, noisy as hell and the live music is so loud. Definitely not pleasant at all

FOOD
Horrible at the best! Food presentation is zero. I understand it is a traditional venue and not a fancy upscale french bistrot yet the eye needs its part as well. Taste wise is the worst Traditional Romanian dinner I had in the past 6 years. The cold appetizers seemed recycled from left overs of another table and the venison filet was not a filet and it was impossible to say it tasted like venison

OVERALL the experience was Bad really bad and very expensive for what we had even in Bucharest or in Italy you eat way better and drink better wine for the same price.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT and will never come back

CIAO

2  Thank Alessio L
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Great food and service. Crowdy, so better call and reserve in advance. Beautiful place. A must while in Poiana Brasov.