“Traditional restaurant”

Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Good food, cooked in traditional way, but delicious! Bad points for service, lost in space , they mix order, forgot part from order ( as salat ...) so, you have to enjoy
In location
and this is it!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

It is really tricky to go to this place in the winter season and don't have a reservation. We had to wait for 20 min and we got lucky that we got a table.
The staff are nice but they seem really rushed and stretched and you don't get a nice feeling regarding this.
The food is amazing, especially the traditional one and the place looks really nice and in line with the expectations.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

With good food, traditional from Romania, wine and music,and by the end our well knowed papansi. Awesome!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We decided to call Coliba Haiducilor to make a reservation for 3 people at 7pm.

They answer the phone, confirmed the reservation, however by the time we arrived, 15 minutes after 7pm, nobody knew about our reservation and they let us stand in front of the door for around 20 minutes,ignoring us completely.

After checking with all their staff, they took us through the kitchen, to reach the other room, where they sat us down and told us in a rude way - you have time until 8pm as someone else will be at this table!

We felt very unwelcome, therefore we decided to leave, moment when their staff along with the manager became aggressive towards us and even pulling the hand of my sister until the moment we went out of that place!

Did I mention that we travel more than 3 hours as we were coming from a different city, just to have dinner in their place ?

After that horrible experience, we decided to go to Aurelius - Împăratul romanilor (The King of the Romans) where we had one of the best services, food was amazing , wine outstanding and the vibe was just perfect!

Shame that We have so many tourists in our beautiful country and unfortunately this is the kind of “experience” they receive most of them...

Recommendation? Someone should train the staff about “hospitality language” or even more simple - send them back to school to get some education.

3  Thank Madalina T
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I’ve tried the traditional fried dumplings desert (“papanasi”) in over a dozen different places throughout Romania, but nothing so far beats the ones served at Coliba Haiducilor: tasty, fresh, puffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, just as the maker intended them. For me, this alone is good enough reason to stop by this place.
But there’s more to be appreciated... At the other end of the meal, I’ve greatly enjoyed the Transilvanian beef soup with taragon and cream, accompanied by a home-made bread so good and fresh that I could swear it was coming directly from the heavens, and not from the in-house bakery. To make good use of the bread, I’d also recommend ordering some of the available spreads, such as the “zacusca” or tarama.
Between the starters, the soup, and the desert, I confess I ended up skipping the main course, but I’ll leave that for the next time - because a next time there will be.
Thanks to the friendly staff and looking forward to go back!

1  Thank lluke