“Expensive for what you get”
Review of Vall d'Or Golf

Vall d'Or Golf
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Felanitx
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vall d'Or is an 18-hole golf course par 71, 5.538 Meters long from white tees. It combines two completely different landscapes in the first and second round. The front nine holes have rolling fairways surrounded by a forest of pine, almond and olive trees. The back nine holes have wider and more uneven fairways that go down towards the coast. The greens, protected by bunkers, welcome all approach shots. It is an average-difficulty golf course but quite entertaining, and with magnificent views of the Mediterranean Sea. Opened in 1999, the club house is located on top of a hill from where one can enjoy the spectacular views over the bay of Portocolom and Cala d'Or. The club house offers the following services and installations: Reception and club storage room, hire of buggies and trolleys, club hire, Pro- shop, ample changing rooms, availability of lockers, 2 paddle courts, swimming pool and solarium, Bar-Restaurant, terrace with spectacular views. Spanish, Catalan, English, French and German speaking staff. Open every day from 7.30 Am.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I have played a number of courses in and around Marbella (Valdorama, La Quinta, Los Flamingos) and thought I would have a go at Vall d'Or whilst in Majorca for a few days. It cost me €179 for hire of clubs, a buggy and green fees. Super expensive!

I found the front nine reasonably easy and the back nine more of a challenge. Scenery was good, but nowhere near a good down the Malaga, Fuengerola, Marbella coast.

All in all, a good (half) day out but a complete rip off for the price.

1  Thank Jeremy1977a

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The clubhouse was acceptable but the clubs that were hired were not a full set, terrible condition and a variety of different clubs.The fairways were not up to standard for the price you had to pay. Feel as though they have completely taken advantage of the fact that you are on holiday and restricted to the area. The price was extortionate for half a days golf with rubbish golf clubs.

1  Thank Carole E
Valldorgolf, Gerente at Vall d'Or Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Ms. Carole,

first of all we would like to express our regret at your late experience on our course. Due to the extremely high temperatures reached over the last two months, the fairways have indeed suffered more than in former years. It would be a pleasure for us to receive you again on our wonderful course, once it has recovered and you may enjoy it at its best.
Regarding your comments on the rental clubs, we rent out full sets of King Cobra Graphite irons completed by Callaway woods, the "mixture" is therefore on purpose, but I would hardly call it " a variety of different clubs".
As I said it would be a pleasure for me to receive you personally the next time you visit Vall d'Or Golf.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Anyone who manages to stay near Vall D'Or and loves golf needs to bite the bullet, hire the clubs (soft spikes / trainers permitted) and not look too closely at the credit card receipt. In truth the front 9 are tremendous; the back 9 slightly less challenging. Some of the views are spectacular (I would recommend a buggy in high season) and the nineteenth hole is a must. The course condition isn't quite as good as we expected with the greens on the slow side but this shouldn't put you off.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Rather disappointed that at over €100 a round none of the on course facilities were open so no drinks or snacks to be had anywhere on the course!!!! Greens as
Slick as ever but had to tell one of the staff to terminate his mobile phone conversation at the side of the green while I had my putt!! The restaurant at Vall d'Or Golf is second to none with a fabulous set menu for around €20 a head. I will be back again this year. Luke

Valldorgolf, Gerente at Vall d'Or Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your opinion on our wonderful course, we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Best regards,

Israel Rodríguez

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding @ Vall D'or Golf Resort in June 2016 @ Maxime's & it was truly amazing. We visited Majorca in June 2015 & from a recommendation we attended the Friday BBQ night & booked our wedding there & then.
The golf resort is just spectacular with THE most stunning surroundings & views inc the sea & we couldn't have imagined anywhere more beautiful to have our wedding.
We meet Perrine the wedding events organiser or should I say Superwoman. Perrine made arranging a destination wedding a breeze, nothing was too much trouble & there wasn't a single request she said no too. I cannot sing her praises enough & Maxime's are extremely lucky to have her. We had the BBQ option for the wedding & the food was nothing less than 5 star, superb. From the starters to the BBQ to the desserts, our guests were amazed by the food. The service from all the waiting staff was exceptional & our every need was catered for. We enjoyed the live music act 'Sunset Duo' provided as part of the BBQ night & Benji (half of the duo) carried on through the night as our DJ & the entertainment was just excellent. Benji downloaded each of the 200 song requests I sent & really made the party atmosphere. We had 70 guests which included a lot of children & we had sole use of 2 terraces which was just perfect for the children, very child friendly.
From start to finish, from planning to the day it was just an amazing experience I just can't put into words to justify. What I can say with ease is if you are looking to get married in Majorca don't look any further than the Vall D'or Golf club & Maxime's. Our friends who attended our wedding are already in touch with Perrine looking to arrange their wedding which is such a compliment to us. I literally could not have asked for a more amazing, beautiful, perfect, spectacular wedding & Perrine certainly made our dreams come true. I want to do it all again!

1  Thank Sarah W