West Loch Hotel
Anchor Hotel(Tarbert)
US$119
Stonefield Castle Hotel(Tarbert)(Great Value!)
US$103
Colintraive Hotel(Colintraive)
The Argyll Inn(Lochgilphead)
US$77
  • Restaurant
All reviewssuperb lunchfamily mealmacaroni cheesenew ownersprawnssmoked haddockwell stocked barwork commitmentsreal highlighten route to islaydog friendly hotelcomfortable roomwarm welcomeearly ferryvaried menufeel very welcomestaff could not have been more
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2018

we stayed here for an overnight recently. We were the only two guests in the hotel, but we were very well looked after by staff. Dinner was very nice, scallops were fabulous. Breakfast was very nice too and very friendly waitress. Good variety of local drinks in the bar. Despite being very cold outside hotel was very cosy.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We have just returned from a weekend stay at the west loch hotel having celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary there.
Booked in Saturday 24th Feb 2018 our room was spacious and clean looking out to the loch and stunning hill views.
Had dinner in restraunt after taking a trip into Tarbet for a bit of site seeing (highly recommended).
My wife had a lovely risotto haddock meal I selected the sirloin steak unfortunately it was well done rather than medium waiter was very apologetic and returned my meal to the chef waited for another medium steak unfortunately it was also overcooked to my likening .
Having spoken to the manager who was serving in the restraunt explaining that it had ruined our anniversary dinner she was very sorry for this and apologised complimentary drink were given to us.
I will say the staff handled it very professionally as did the owners on the day we checked out.
Breakfast was one of the best if not thee best we have ever had whilst staying in any hotel , we have stayed in quite a few as we love spending time travelling Scotland.
My choice of bacon egg stornoway black pudding potatoe scones came to the table in perfection all cooked delishiously well.
My wife's choice of poached egg with black pudding was again perfectly cooked ..
Had our dinner in the hotel on Sunday night and everything was perfect with a lovely surprise at the end of our meal from the chef a sweet served up with a chocolate inscription of happy anniversary nice thought.
In all I would highly recommend this hotel its situation is well placed to all routes whether going back inland or further down to Campbelltown 40 miles from hotel or Inverrary again 40 miles distance.
Staff are so helpful and friendly Emma Gabriella and Aaron you do a fantastic job keep up the good work I'm sure we will be back .
On checking out this morning the owner of the hotel took care of me and removed the payment for Saturday nights meal and apologised profusely a Canadian lady who is moving on to another hotel .
So here is hoping the new owners have a great success with this little Gem West Loch Hotel.

Room Tip: We had room number 1 looking out into the hills and loch good size
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I arrived here late one evening and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Clean and comfortable room and a peaceful nights rest. In daylight I found a lovely view out over the loch and enjoyed a first rate breakfast from a superb varied menu. Looking forward to staying again should the opportunity arise.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I stayed at West Loch having driven up from Wiltshire that day. I was on my way to Islay and the West Loch is just a couple of minutes from the ferry terminal. The room was warm and comfy - I slept like a log. This is not an especially luxurious hotel, but for one or two nights it is perfect. The staff are helpful and friendly and the food is really good.

The one criticism I would have is that I left too early to get breakfast so I was offered a packed alternative to take with me. What I got was a kind of packed lunch; the type that if a child came into school with it then you'd think, "oh dear, poor kid's mother was obviously drunk when she put THAT together!". The tongue is in the cheek here, but I would probably give the packed lunch a swerve in the future.

I will definitely stay here again, recommend it to friends and I will look forward to it: says it all!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My husband i staying here from 13/1/18 until 15/1/18. First night a 5pm deal which included a lovely bottle of Prosecco. We received a warm and very friendly welcome from all the staff. Could not do enough for you. We had dinner both nights. The food is fantastic and the House Chilean wine was just lovely. A well stocked bar. The breaksfast was delish too. A Good variety. The room was lovely and clean. Fantastic view. Maybe needing a wee bit of TLC the room and the toilet brush needed replaced. Only a couple of minor points but will certainly come back. Well done

Room Tip: We were in Room 3 which had an amazing view of the front. A bit noisy first thing in the morning with cars coming in and out
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple