All reviews mini fridge places to visit home from home hair straighteners warm welcome dressing gowns hand cream thoughtful touches one night stopover everything you could possibly need great host breakfast was amazing saying goodbye twin room accommodating host portmeirion village fresh milk
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2020

Beryl put me up last minute after I was an idiot and booked my hotel for the wrong night.

Lovely little B&B! Beryl was very welcoming and couldn't do enough to ensure my stay was comfortable.

The whole building was spotlessly clean, and the size of the breakfast kept me full for hours.

5/5 . I would happily stay at Gwynfa again.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2020

Myself and my friend called at lunch and booked a room for one night for the same day. I and my friend arrived at Gwynfa covered in mud from a full day of off road motorcycling and immediately received a very warm welcome from Beryl. We decided to take most of our gear off outside and once shown in were very glad we did as all areas of Gwynfa were immaculately kept and very clean. Gwynfa is a very traditional B&B in that you are effectively staying in a room in someones house....something I had not experienced before. As mentioned Beryl was exceptionally welcoming and we felt relaxed immediately. The room was quiet and had absolutely everything you could possibly need. The rooms have use of a comfortable living room should you wish to use it. We asked Beryl where to eat that night and she was kind enough to book us a table at somewhere she recommended. We opted for a cooked breakfast in the morning that could not be faulted. We enjoyed our brief stay, enjoyed talking with Beryl and would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

Lovely friendly bed and breakfast. Beryl was very helpful with places to go and places to eat. Breakfast was top class and it was very homely and cosy. Beryl helped us with a few welsh words and was very open and warm. We will deffinately visit again

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Most welcoming hostess. Who loves looking after guests and sharing her house. And it shows.Spent 2 nights and on leaving felt like saying goodbye to a friend/family. Cleanliness is of an excellent standard. Breakfast very enjoyable. Conversation with other guests was easy.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2020

After leaving everything last minute we were lucky enough to get a last minute booking! Room was great...the dog had treats on arrival and Brekki in the morning was fantastic! Hopefully we’ll be back soon!

Harriet, Ash & Boon