“my steak”
Review of Cookhouse & Pub

Cookhouse & Pub
Ranked #5 of 185 Restaurants in Rhyl
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I ordered 12 oz steak and wanted it medium rare. The food came too small and hard as a rock. I did not make a complain because I was with my 10 year old daughter which she like her hot dog. The waitress was very friendly. I'm not sure if I wanted to go back.

Whitbread_CS, Cookhouse & Pub at Cookhouse & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Leo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I'm really sorry to hear your steak wasn't up to the standard we aim for.

All food should be high quality and cooked as ordered so it's very disappointing we let you down on this occasion. We've passed your comments on to the General Manager and they'll be working with our supplier as well as the chef to ensure your experience isn't repeated.

If you do visit us again, our friendly team is on hand to assist with any issues throughout your meal so please let them know of any problems and they'll be more than happy to help.

I am however pleased your daughter enjoyed her hot dog and the waitress was very friendly. I do hope you'll give us another try in future to get everything right.

Kind Regards,

Samantha

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just been here for a meal and the service here was appauling, i do waiting on myself and i have never seen service so slow in my life, we waited ages for someone to serve us,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I took my husband on a date for the 1st time in 10 years and was seated straight away. We ordered grazers to start which once eaten wish I had more of, my husband and I had the 10oz Ribeye and Battered Prawns which I absolutely loved and so did my husband and as he always criticises something was rather shocked that on this occasion had no criticism whatsoever. Amazing food and a lovely date night night.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We thought we would visit The Cookhouse today, after receiving a 25% off voucher in the post. Upon arrival two senior members of staff were in conversation and did not stop their conversation while we waited for a table, until one noticed we were stood waiting around a minute later. We were informed there was a 30 minute wait for a table, which was fine and we grabbed a Costa coffee as we waited. Around 40 minutes later we were shown to a table, again this was fine.

Food was lovely, I received a rump steak which was cooked perfectly and my partner a fish and chips, which for the price wasn’t bad at all. However, when seated service was lacking. We waited a further half an hour for our food to come, and did not get asked if we wanted a drink once. We asked a young waitress for a drinks order and she asked somebody to take our order, this person then took 20 minutes to bring our drinks, which at this point we declined them as we had finished our meals.

Staff polite enough, but really need a shake up and I would recommend having a separate person taking food orders to drink orders, as this may have been why the lady was too busy to get our drinks.

When we came to paying we were informed we could not use our 25% off voucher, as it states it can not be used on bank holidays; despite this being the Saturday and not a bank holiday, just part of a bank holiday weekend (being Friday and Monday - Saturday and Sunday is not actually a bank holiday). I see this as false advertisement and would adjust your vouchers for future use.

Whitbread_CS, Cookhouse & Pub Team at Cookhouse & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Imogen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

It is very disappointing to hear of the issues you experienced during your last few visits with us. This certainly is not the experience we would expect and so apologise you were let down.

We pride ourselves on the great service and quality we provide and so are concerned to hear this was lacking on your recent visit due to the wait times and poor service from the team.

We have ensured this feedback has been passed on to the General Manager to look into with the team so that we can aim to prevent your experiences being repeated.

We are also very sorry you were not able to use your 25% off vouchers. Unfortunately these cannot be used over the Bank Holiday weekend and so apologise for the disappointment caused by this. We will ensure this feedback is logged with our Marketing Team.

We are pleased you found the team to be polite and the food was delicious.

Once again we are very sorry and hope that if you will give us another chance in the future

Kind regards,

Rebecca, Cookhouse & Pub

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Me and the wife came here for the first time this morning for some breakfast before we went for a meeting. We got here around 9am, had an hour on our hands and when we arrived it was fairly quiet.

We helped ourselves to costa coffee and continental breakfast, so far so good. However, as soon as the waitress sat down we was immediately forgotten about. 35 minutes came by and no one even went to our table to take our order for hot food. In fact, 3 tables around us had ordered and GOT their food before we even had our order taken. after 45 minutes I had to ask somebody to take our order and then move my car as my parking limit had ran out.

After a 45 minute wait our order was taken...............and then completely forgotten......and lost. Incompetence at its finest. My wife had to ask where our food was as i was too annoyed to be polite. After 20 minutes (1hr 5 minutes in total now) we got our food.............and along with our food was the most insincere excuse of an apology....... 'yeah, sorry 'bout that'. I know your just working for a pay packet, but at least act like you care.

The only reason why I have given this a 2 star is because when the food did come it was ok. Then again, I would struggle to mess up bacon and eggs.

I won't be coming here again and will spend my money elsewhere, no second chances as there are too many better places to be going.....not in rhyl tho. ....so come here if your living in rhyl as its the best your gonna get.

Do not come here if you have any plans at any part of your day.

1  Thank pAradiselost16

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the review of your visit with us.

While I'm glad your breakfast got off to a good start, it's such a shame the rest of your experience wasn't as relaxing.

It's very disappointing to hear you experienced a delay with your order being taken as well as your food arriving. Although I'm glad the food was ok when it did arrive, you certainly shouldn't have to wait this long for breakfast, even if we are busier than usual.

Please rest assured the Manager will be picking your experience up with the team to improve delays and service our customers receive going forward.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our restaurant.

Kind Regards,