“A pub with restaurant food”
Review of The Bull & Heifer

The Bull & Heifer
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bull and Heifer is a small but vibrant little country pub in the heart of the village of Bettws Cedewain, near Newtown. It's a traditional black and white public house, with oodles of character and charm, where you are sure of a warm welcome, whenever you arrive. This family pub is a recent addition to the village, yet it's hard to believe that it hasn't been 'The local' for years...
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Traditional Welsh pub set in the heart of the county side. The food was well presented and the service time would suggest it was cooked to order (but not unreasonably long). The steak was cooked perfectly but tasted a bit charred from where it had seared on the grill. The lemon tart was sublime. We would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great waiting staff, especially lovely Tirion and amazing Meg!

We both had lamb and it was cook just as we asked, Eton mess was a great end to the meal.

We will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Read about this pub when looking for places to eat near Newton and Welshpool - so as it was a rainy day we decided to take a drive out.
Lovely and cosy pub, staff very friendly and dogs allowed in the bar. It was a very busy lunch time as there was a large group in the restaurant.
Didn’t have to wait too long for the food - hubby had pork special dish and I had the posh fish finger butty. Both were lovely and clean plates all round. We will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

My parents have a holiday home about ten minutes from here and they had visited this pub twice before raving about the food. I came here with my mum to try. The interior is so welcoming and warming with open fires and a very friendly welcome from staff. We were immediately seated in the restaurant and drinks brought over. We chose from the spring menu and we shared our starters of wild mushrooms in a creamy sauce on brushetta bread. Ohhh yummy indeed mum ordered from the specials board with a herb crusted salmon and I had sirloin steak with all the trimmings. Only slight disappointment was they didn't have fillet steak as this is my preferred choice. It was however a good piece of steak perfectly cooked and the Stilton sauce was gorgeous. Mum also enjoyed salmon. No room for pudding. It was a slightly delayed wait for the food which the waitress mentioned to us on the way out so I presume they may have been short staffed. Didn't bother us though we will be back again and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I ate here on Monday last week 26/3/2018 and again on Thursday with my mother and partner. As our previous visit in 2016 the food ,drinks and service were excellent. One of our favourite places in Mid-Wales , we cannot fault the place or the staff.So pleasant so helpful and welcoming. We will definitely be back next time we are in the area.