Stayed at the Crane from 19 December till 30th with wife and three children aged between 14 and 20.
We took a two bedroom Ocean View appartment and from the moment we arrived were impressed with the quality, both in terms of size and features, of the accomodation.
The view was superb and my son who slepped on a sofa bed for the enitre time commented that the mattress was more comfortable than his bed at University!
The swimming areas are lovely with the choice of sitting by the various pools or moving to more sucluded areas around the resort- the water was clean and regualrly tested.
The service in the resort was generally good however in L'Azure they take the normal Caribean relaxed approach to service a little far and the staff send too much time arguing with each other and not enough serving tables! -take this out and it would be an excellent rating for me.
The resort is a little isolated but on a small island like Barbados this is hardly and issue and gives a form of privacy that more than makes up the need to catch a taxi or the bus that stops right outside the resort.
Overall a lovely Christmas holiday and one we will hopefully repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish