Tropical Winds Apartment Hotel(Saint Philip Parish)
US$88
US$78
  • Pool
Casa Grande Airport Hotel(Saint Philip Parish)
US$115
Shonlan Inn and Apartments(Christ Church Parish)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$80
US$59
Ocean Spray Beach Apartments(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$71
2,815 results
All reviewsgeneral storeplunge poolcarriage housegospel breakfastpink sandthe air conditioningwasher dryerthe cliffstayed in buildingocean viewemerald cityrum punchzen restauranttime sharefull kitchengrocery storebody surfing
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We stayed October 11th through 18th. Rooms are as depicted in hotel photographs, however some of the furnishings are beginning to show some wear and tear. The sofa in our room was stained and the furniture was scratched and showing some signs of abuse. Housekeeping did fabulous job, room kept quite clean. Towels can sometimes be a problem, called to request some one day and towels arrived in less than five minutes. (Gave the gentleman a $5 BBD tip and he was all embarrassed and blushed!!)

We stayed in building #5, faces the Atlantic Ocean directly and is closest to coastline. Atlantic breezes throughout room all day/night which kept the room quite comfortable. No real need to AC.

Bathrooms are beautiful, however, as others have mentioned - water pressure is a bit low.

Service is slower here, but that is the norm in Barbados. Food was good and prices at onsite restaurants comparable to prices elsewhere on the island.

Highly recommend taking the short walk to Cutter's. Turn right from front gate, cross road and you'll have no trouble finding it. Good Pizza, fabulous sandwiches. We requested some steaks and they called us the next day with two beautiful ribeyes.

Ventured out a few times, highly recommend Cool Runnings Catamaran cruises (great with little kids). Food was fantastic and fabulous crew. Could not recommend highly enough. If you miss the shuttle to Bridgetown (Thurs), your not really missing anything.

Avoid Luigi's Italian restaurant - overpriced, tiny servings and not very good at all. Lasagna was soft and mushy, tomato sauce highly acidic and burnt. Wine overpriced.

Taxi's are comparable to Canadian fares - ask about pricing first, however, never felt cheated.

Check in desk at arrival was fantastic, at check out had a gentleman who didn't seem to care very much at all. Didn't even inquire as to how our stay was - only unfortunate meeting.

L'Azure continental breakfast very good, banana bread, croissants, muffins, cereal, lots of fruit, yogurt and juices. Coffee is very good. Make sure you get at least continental breakfast with your package - full breakfast for additional $5 US, not a bad deal. Be sure to inquire at booking that breakfast be included. (at least continental)

Did not dine at Zen - had breakfast there Sunday morning as we decided not to attend the Gospel breakfast. By the morning light Zen is a bit tired. Again, scratched furniture and a bit shabby.. was somewhat surprising to me. Views from both restaurants are beautiful.

Beach is gorgeous, be aware, water has strong undertow and the waves are strong as well, but definitely enjoyable. Beach elevator fantastic.

Pools are gorgeous, bit on the cool side when cloudy but a welcome relief when the sun is out. Grounds & pool meticulously maintained. Shady cabana like areas available around pools for us shade seekers. If you can bring some beach towels with you I would do so. Otherwise, get some early in the morning, they tend to go fast!

Advised in advance by travel agent that plunge pools are cold - not heated - agent strongly recommended not paying the extra for plunge pool room. Noticed that few people who had these rooms actually used the pools. Have no reqrets at NOT booking a plunge pool room.

Carriage house bar quite nice, happy hour 5 - 6pm when we were there.

We found that if you are congenial and polite to the staff, there isn't anything they won't try to assist with. I twisted my ankle quite painfully one day and we had to cancel a tour. Not one problem and they even found a brace for my ankle so I could move around easier.

Construction - yes there is construction, the town centre exterior is almost done. Building 5 is the furthest from the construction, never heard anything significant during our stay. Should be quite a fabulous resort upon completion.

Please be aware, this is not your typical hotel. It is more of a timeshare property.. It is quite isolated - if you are looking for night life and partying then this is likely not a good choice. We prefer to have peace and quiet - you can always go to a noisy club but if your hotel is near one, well, you can't stop the noise when you want to sleep. There isn't much in the way of restaurants outside of the two at the property and Cutter's - which is more like a deli than a restaurant. (More when the town centre is completed, Italian restaurant and piano bar etc..)

If you want full service, someone bringing you drinks on the beach etc.. you won't enjoy your stay here. Personally, I prefer a less intrusive environment and never minded going up to a bar to request drinks. (My only exercise on vacation, after all)

Will likely return again in the future.

Good Travelling!

8  Thank Tricia2008
Reviewed 30 October 2008

My husand and I have been to The Crane twice now. We went for our honeymoon in 2006 and returned in 2007 to relive the experience. It is by far one of our favorite places to go and relax and enjoy life.

The resort and grounds are beautiful and the rooms are spacious with a high attention to detail. The beach is serene and the pool is amazing and was never overcrowded. Service was always top notch and nothing beats the rum punch!

There is a tranquility about this resort that seems to make all your worries disappear. We will be sure to return again! I high recommend The Crane to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nand7999
Reviewed 28 October 2008

The Crane resort is the most best resort ever! The views are breathtaking, the food is awsome and the people are friendly and really want you to have a good time. The Crane beach has soft sand with flakes of pink in and beautiful blue water. We went sailing, scuba diving, and on a 4x4 tour all of which was wonderful. The people treat you like you are royalty. It doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My husband & I celebrated our 20yr anniversary at The Crane. We chose it because of it's remote location, incredible views, romatic room setting, and the multiple pool/beach options. All I can say is it lived up to all my expectations ! We arrived about 10pm, and were greeted w/rum punch & a some local fruit breads. The concierge team had also put complimentary fresh flower arrangement & bottle of wine in our room to help us celebrate - I was truly impressed (and my husband had to confess that he didn't do it !).

I'd pre-arranged to have Willie from Emmanual tours pick us up at the airport - we paid a premium b/c of the late arrival & to have a meet / greet vs. the local taxi, but it took away the worry.

Rooms: I'd read to ask for bldg 5, which was a GREAT tip - we paid for a junior garden view room, and were in the north end of bldg 5 on the 4th floor, which meant that our balcony overlooked the pools and the ocean if you turned the chairs. Otherwise I think a garden view would be just that, and it's really not a garden that you'll view but rather the construction or villages nearby. The rooms were just as their website showed, clean, roomy, and very nice. You'll find almost full size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bubble bath stocked in the bathroom. The kitchen has dishes/silverware for 2, blender, toaster, range top & cookware. Coffee is provided for the coffee pot daily through housekeeping. The only complaint I have is that the evening noise from the tree frogs / crickets / whatever the devil they were was very loud through the patio doors. Nothing that sleeping with a pillow over my head didnt' fix, but i wish we'd have brought ear plugs!

Dining: We ate at the Zen two times, both good meals. Service was incredibly slow the first night, so just be patient. We used the grocery store shuttle Mon a.m. and bought lunch food / breakfast food plus a few evening meals, so we managed to dine for the week just fine. Best thing we bought was a gallon of orange punch, 2 liter of 7up, and a fifth of rum - mixed it up in some coke bottles each night (had the coke w/rum first!) and froze it overnight. Wallah - rum slush at the pool every day ! BTW - happy hour at the pool bar is from 5-6pm, 1/2 price drinks, which doubled for our meal one night by the time we were through! If you have some snacks w/you in the room, and are willing to dash to the room for lunchtime, I think it's very reasonable to stay and dine here (to address those comments of it being expensive to eat here).

Views: Georgeous ! our breakfast nook window overlooked the pools / ocean, very nice ! The waters have so many shades of blue its incredible. There are 6 pools to choose from, and it was never busy. The beach was wonderful, and you can jump off a small ledge into the ocean if you dare. There's plenty of padded chairs at the pools & beach, with umbrella's at the beach as well. Because of the construction getting to the beach was a bit of an indirect route. The village construction was not heard from the pool or the beach, and the only construction we witnessed poolside was the renovations they were doing to bldg 4.

Things to do: When you check in you'll get a paper for that weeks' activities. We had rented a car from Stoutes (the mini moke - really not a good idea if it's a rainy season!), but after we saw that the things we wanted to do had complimentary or cheap shuttle fare we cancelled it. We really just wanted to relax poolside/beachside for a week, and felt that if we kept the car we'd feel compelled to leave the property. For instance:
Monday, complimentary shuttle to the grocery store,
Tue or Thurs, if you want to visit Mt.Gay rum factory they provide a shuttle if you do the lunch tour (we just stayed at the resort all day !)
Wed; we did the Mt.Gay cocktail tour which provided round trip transportation (the tour was ok, the cocktail time was a blast!)
Thur; complimentary shuttle to Bridgetown for shopping
Frid; $11 USD roundtrip shuttle to Oistens fish fry at night

We weren't looking to party every night or go dancing - if that's what you'd like to do, you will not enjoy the Crane unless you rent a car or are willing to pay a taxi each night. Once the village is complete there should be more night life, but right now it's not there. The staff at the Crane was helpful when we needed something, and there are always people doing grounds maintenance (which shows, b/c it's very nice). The only issue we had was putting our room card too close to something in our pool bag and it demagnitized - so we had to trek to the front office for a new one. There aren't any phones in the bldg to call the front desk.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic escape to a tropical island, and would be happy to answer questions / provide more info if you'd like relative to our experience.

5  Thank minermemories
Reviewed 25 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at this lovely place on earth for 18 days.We shared a nice Garden View suite.I loved everything about this place.The staff are very friendly and accomodating.I cannot say anything really bad about this resort except the price and portions of their food.Because we stayed this long,my husband and I knew that they are not the only ones with "pricey for the portion"food.If this wondeful resort will offer an all inclusive deal,with the exception of course of alcoholic drinks,(don't want to attract unsavory people),I am definitely sure they will pack the whole place.They are almost done with a mini shopping area,so this will most probably curtail guests from going out from the resort to shop.They might sight see,but that will be all they would have to do outside the resort.So let me re-cap:All inclusive food option(except alcoholic bev),mini stores already in progress,maybe pricey meal but larger portions. Tip:If you are staying for this long period,buy your groceries from Oistins.Hungry and do not want to prepare a meal?Call Cutters(deli store just outside the resort),they do deliver for no added price,they are close on Mondays though and open till 1830 hour.For a reliable car,choose GL car hire,(you can make arrangement through The Crane's concierge),ask for Rodney

1  Thank LoveBug70