My husband and I stayed at The Crane September 15th-21st for our honeymoon. We fell in love with the pictures on-line and the hotel looks just as it does online. We arrived at the airport late, but quickly found a cab, and upon our arrival were quickly shown to our hotel room. We stayed in the older part of the hotel- in room 106. Not only did the room have a spectacular ocean view, but it also opened up to one of the pools.
The pools were amazing- very well kept, and not crowded during the off season. The beach was not crowded, although the waves were a little rough. The views were spectacular from every part of the resort.
We ventured out to the other side of the island for dinner 3 nights. We found a fabulous, safe, cab driver who drove us each night. Each night we had a great meal. We took advantage of the grocery service from the hotel- we ordered groceries for breakfast and lunch to save money. We would highly recommend this service.
We were looking for a quiet resort- and this was the perfect place. We highly recommend this resort for those looking for a quiet get-away. We loved it and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1887, The Crane Resort has overlooked the pink sands and turquoise waters of Crane Beach - one of the top 10 beaches in the world as rated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and most recently named the "Best Beach in the Caribbean" by USA Today's 10Best Readers Choice 2015. Set on Barbados' beautiful South East coast, the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean has effortlessly married the old-world charm of its past, to all the 21st century amenities and services expected by today's most discerning travellers. Guests are spoilt for choice with ultra-spacious one and two-bedroom suites, and three bedroom penthouses, many featuring lush gardens, private pools and rooftop terraces. There are also several fantastic dining options, including Zen, the No.1 Zagat rated restaurant in Barbados, which features Thai and Japanese cuisine, L'Azure which offers Caribbean delicacies with an international flair, The Carriage House which offers poolside favourites, D'Onofrio's, the Italian restaurant and The Grove Bar and Grill on Crane Beach which offers light grilled fare. The centre-piece of it all is The Crane Village - 55,000 sq. ft. of retail space complete with duty-free shopping, a Jazz bar, open-air dining, a fitness centre, day spa, an art gallery and the newly opened Calypso Kid's Club catering to younger guests. Guests also enjoy complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and around the resort - even on Crane Beach - and complimentary long-distance calls to most international destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Crane Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish