“Great food.”

Royal Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food was really good here and plentiful. A lot of people were getting take out, but the restaurant area was good.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Just like any other Chinese. Very large portions. Take away service or sit down. I wanted something a bit different but it didn't happen.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Firstly, the place is very basic with basic table and chairs and fans above which don't make much of a difference with the heat. Now the food, I've never been to a Chinese restaurant that serves easy cook rice as egg fried rice and lots of it.
It's not egg fried rice it's something else I couldn't eat and the beef is chewy with a nasty sauce, I think once was once too often but your welcome to try it out, along with the other Chinese restaurant close by which is exactly the same. Sorry but it's fact.

1  Thank Ski4560
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

My husband, 2 children and I visited this restaurant for the first time since we were passing through St. Philip. The menu is very wide and varied with various types of meat. Although we all chose small portions, the amount of food we received was much more than we expected. The chicken and pork fried rice, the chicken chow mein and the pineapple chicken were very good. Our waitress was also pleasant. The prices were reasonable as well. My son has already said that he wants to return.

1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Been to ROYAL to eat first time today. Was invited to a dear friend's Sunday B'Day Lunch buffet. Usually I would jog pass the place some Sundays but never thought to eat there, until today that is. The food is good! The atmosphere clean and accommodating. And the 'Tsingtao' beer is not like a 'Banks,' but satisfying and cooling enough… would use the place again. The staff could be friendlier though— one in particular seemed a little stressed out. Management sure does know how to 'ice the cake.' Not sure how genuine...

1  Thank Brad L