“Tasty treat”

The Vinegar Works at Valentine Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: “Everything in the bottle is grown on our farm”We harvest grapes from our 2 acre vineyard, make wine, then transform that wine into a wonderful selection of wine vinegars. Use them in salads, when cooking meats, soups, sauces and literally hundreds of other ways around your kitchen. The perfect wine country gift for any cook on your gift list! A “new” idea for a hostess gift—wine vinegar instead of wine! We love food, and think this will shine through in our products. Our 10 acre farm is located in Summerland. B.C. in the shadow of the Trans Canada Trail, the Kettle Valley Railroad steam train, and Giant's Head mountain. It is a spectacular location. Our vinegar "tasting room" is open 6 days a week from mid-June through mid-October. Stay awhile! We have a beautiful Guest House located with a view of our vineyard and pasture.
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The owners are very pleasant and helpful. The "taste" was having a tiny shot of each vinegar available. All made from organic fruits on their farm. There was also terrific advice on how to use them. Yummy. Bought and tried three. All were delicious.

1  Thank peachlandtraveler

Reviewed 8 September 2012

This was a great little surprise amongst the wineries. The gentleman running the place was a super host (I guess you have to be when you are charging so much for vinegar!) but it was indeed fabulous vinegar and a very pleasant experience. He was also good in giving directions, asking the right questions, and handling what turned out to be a large crowd seamlessly.

1  Thank lisa M
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very welcoming and friendly farm. Very tasty vinegars and great prices. Any savvy cooking person should vist and buy some!!

1  Thank jessk82
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We had the best time. They are so welcoming, family friendly, and knowledgeable. The vinegars are superlative!

1  Thank Avallance
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2012

What a gem indeed! I have just become interested in using different vinegars but this experience was the icing on the cake! Never did I think I would be 'sniffing' and 'tasting' vinegars as I would wine but, I suppose in a way I was as these folks begin by making their own wines prior to making the hand crafted vinegars. What a delight and how knowledgeable the owner is! This is a MUST stop and...what a great gift these vinegars make, especially for anyone who loves working with food or, who wants to expand his or her knowledge of how to work with food with the addition of these fine vinegars. I bought four bottles and my Japanese student will be taking back two bottles to her family. I will be going back for more for Christmas gifts...my son in law is a chef and I think he would greatly appreciate these vinegar in his home kitchen.