“Cannot beat the Ambiance”

Barquito Mawimbi Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 112 Restaurants in Holbox Island
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2017

The beach front, toes in the sand restaurant is the absolute best on the island. Gazing at the white sand beach and that beautiful blue/azure ocean while eating breakfast, lunch or dinner (and we ate there, all 3 meals, multiple times since we were staying at Mawimbi) was simply mesmerizing. The food is so delicious, from the scrambled eggs with bacon, to the fresh, tasty lobster tacos, to the Rib Eye steak, all prepared perfectly. The fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast tasted just like my mom used to make when I was a child. Every single item we ate and/or drank at Barquito was absolutely delicious. The service was spot on. We did not experience the "waiting" like we did at so many restaurants on the island. The Guys remembered what we liked after the first day (this was our second trip to Mawimbi) Highly recommend to stop in here, even if just for a drink, to experience the special vibe of Barquito.

1  Thank LasVegasPamela56

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

While staying at Mawimbi we had drinks, breakfast and snacks at Barquito. The staff is very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were staying at the Mawimbi, so it was convenient to eat here. We arrived at night, and were hungry! Lucky the restaurant was still open. We had a couple of drinks, quesadilla and chips for appetizers. For dinner I had the pescada tartare and my husband had a fish with garlic. My dinner was like similar to an ahi poke, only with white fish. My husband's was quite tasty.

We also stopped by for drinks and appetizers. I really like the atmosphere; very calm, very beautiful.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The staff is very friendly and attentive. We stayed on the Mawimbi property and had breakfast, snacks and dinner there. All of our meals were excellent, and the view cannot be beat, located
right on the beautiful beach. This was our favorite place to have dinner under the palapa with tiki torches. Amazing!

A special thanks to Ruben, Randy and Enrique. You are the best!

1  Thank TupelohoneyCO
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I read a review about fruit smoothies but this place does not have them. Also, not all the food on the menu is available.