“Croissants are delicious”
Review of El Cafecito

El Cafecito
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: El Cafecito Bar-Restaurant offers delicious breakfasts and lunches with various kinds of sweet and salty crepes, fresh salads, tasty sandwiches, healthy drinks with fresh products of season and very special coffee!!
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This is a slow food restaurant, so if you are waiting for fast food in your table forget it then. I love the croissants and the fruit water. Is a good place to go and have a good time alone or with friends. The staff is polite and nice. The prices are good. And all is made from scratch.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We went in low season but it was still busy. The very friendly lady welcomed us and we enjoyed numerous capuchinos, a selection of crepes and egg dishes. It wasn’t expensive and the food and coffee were delicious. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We had breakfast at El Cafecito because someone recommended it to us. We did not regret it. The coffee is delicious (try coffee de la olla) and the breakfast was great (pancakes and fruits).

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Very nice staff, refreshing smoothies, great crepas, lots of menu choices, all made from scratch. Street side seating with a mellow atmosphere. Coffee was awesome, just like all the coffee on Holbox.

1  Thank DanMelissa25
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Three years after being the last time in the island, we come back expecting positive changes, but what we find are negatives everywhere.
El Cafecito, we were there every morning for our coffee and crepes, or cake, or whatever, the last time we were there. On this last (and yes, last, because we will not go back to Holbox!) we went to the place and found it closed for the first 3 days. The fourth one it was open, but we had had our coffee of the day already at a different place. So we hit the place on our fifth day. Wife ordered her cappuccino and crepes, I went for my double expresso, but I asked the girl if she was using real grounded coffee or pods or something else. She mentioned she uses pods, I declined my coffee, but she insisted, I will fix you a double expresso with real coffee grains, and I went for it.
The crepes were not good, and the cappuccino was bad. My expresso was an "Americano" from a commercial airline's galley, not more, not less. I called the girl and complained, but, we had to pay full price even though we only tasted the nasty food and left it the way it came.
When the owner was in charge, the food and drinks were drinkable. Not anymore.