1,927 results
All reviewsnice hotelporto segurodoesn tlunch buffetbeautiful placepool areaplaygroundpoolsvillagegymoceanlandscapebabieswaveslanguagedecorationferry
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We have had memorable days over there! The Resort overcome our expectations! Food is really good, rooms are good (size, cleaning, decoration), beautiful place/landscape, services/extras, etc. The staff is really nice, all of them, specially Luis and Djalma (waiters from the pool). The kids club staff is amazing (Tia Fiona, Sininho, all). Strongly recommended! Sure we will come back!

Room Tip: All of them are great! Great views, river or sea, don't matter!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
EquipeEcoResort, Gerente de relações com clientes at Arraial D'Ajuda Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you for your kind words. They motivate us on pursuing excellency.

See you later!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

It is a nice hotel, with a good service in general. What I liked the best was the restaurant, food and the kids entertainers, who were always smiling and very friendly. The pools are nice and the common areas very neatly kept. The beach, however, was not very enjoyable, very windy and full of leaves and seaweed and the service in the bar by the pool very slow.

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms looking at the garden are also nice. You can choose beach view, river view and garden view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
EquipeEcoResort, Gerente de relações com clientes at Arraial D'Ajuda Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the windy weather. Your comments will surely motivate us towards improvement

Thanks!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews from English speakers I felt I needed to write a review from their couch in front of the ocean in our last night here and explain the reason why I took one star out of it.

My husband doesn’t speak Portuguese and he found no problem with either the welcoming personnel, reception or even the beach waiters.
Service is not European but is not lacking or bad per se. Tables were always clean and you didn’t have to wait long if you needed something.
The beach does have waves after midday or so but it is mostly calm, proper for kids and older people. Therefore, the hotel is full of parents with young children and babies. They have playground, children activities, pools and I think even nannies for hire. It’s not a place to go if you dislike crying, loud speaking and little ones running around with parents after them. But even all that don’t ruin the experience per se when you don’t have kids.
The hotel have transfer to downtown Arraial, hourly free ferry rides to Porto Seguro and you can rent a car right in the resort. There’s a gym with good treadmills, massages (recommended!) and a hair salon and manicure, which we didn’t use. On rainy days, they had plenty of stuff for people to do, like play pool, cards, table tennis and watch movies.
Food is good, breakfast is way superior to some American and European (even luxury) hotels we’ve been, with several fresh fruits, made to order omelette and tapioca, different juices, cold cuts and pastries. My husband only complaint is they should have more variety of cereal and here is where I think some foreigners give bad reviews, as they expect to have what they have at home. I haven’t been to one hotel that spoke my language in Europe (except Portugal). They don’t have my kind of breakfast either. Is that a bad thing? No, it’s just different. So don’t expect everywhere in the world to serve beans and sausage in the morning.
I also have never been to a hotel with free water fountains, but to ones that have one bottle a day. This could be improved here.

My only grudge with the hotel and the reason for the 4 stars is how the management seem to treat employees. Talking to them we discovered they are allowed to take the hotel ferry from Porto to work but not the other way around, having to take the other ferry, which is paid and have less hours, so they get stuck waiting. Seems to me they care for them to arrive on time but not to get back home properly. That is what struck to me as the worst thing in this resort and that could easily be changed by management.

Stayed: November 2017
EquipeEcoResort, Gerente de relações com clientes at Arraial D'Ajuda Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

We are glad to know you had a nice experience at our resort. Our main goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations, so every time we have such positive feedback the whole crew feels very good about it, so we really appreciated your kind words

Nevertheless, we would like to plea for the “missing star” (rss), specially because we believe there was a misunderstanding: the public ferry back to Porto Seguro is not paid and the schedule offers more alternatives than our own, as it leaves Arraial to Porto Seguro every 15 minutes, during the day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

The rooms are simple but good. Mine has a view for the river and the garden. Its a quite awesome view.
Although the hotel has a great landscape, its not suitable for baby stroller or wheelchair.

Ecoresort includes several pools but the guests prefers the hot jacuzzi. The beach is ok without waves and is exclusively for guests.

My first impression, is that the hotel were full of activities for kids. I was wrong. The monitors were unprepared and boring.

The meals are medium quality with low variety. I dont think is a bad choice, for sure you can find better resort for the same money.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Marco F
Reviewed 13 August 2016

The facilities were beautiful, just like the pictures. However, if you don't speak Portuguese, you will have lots of trouble communicating. Several of the staff speak broken English and they are anxious to help. However, most of the notices, calendar of events, and all the restaurant buffet item labels are all in Portuguese. Very few non-South American guests at the resort while I was there. I was one of two Americans there for the 4 days I spent there. Had a nice time and loved the place. The city of Porto Seguro is also not English friendly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family