“Buzzing!!!”

Waitomo Adventures - Lost World 7 Hr Epic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Abseil 100m into this amazing cavern (like the 4hr option), but wearing a wetsuit - you're heading off to explore the Mangapu river passage. The freehanging descent will astound you but in this option that's only the beginning. Spend the day walking, wading and swimming through the cavernous passages. See giant fossil oysters and whalebones; flowstone, spiders & glowworms. Do jumps, climbs and optional challenges. Includes comprehensive packed lunch underground & BBQ steak dinner. Min age 15yrs. No experience required. Local family owned & operated for over 27years. Qualmark & Outdoorsmark endorsed. FREE PHOTOS OF YOUR TRIP SENT BY INTERNET
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Okay I have to admit I didn't actually do this tour myself, however I did arrange for our staff of 25 to do it and from dealing with Nick via email for booking and the Waitomo Adventure Team that took the tour, everyone was very professional, organised and fun. Complements also to whoever makes the lunches, I hear the muffins were fantastic! Our team were shattered when they returned so a very physical activity but so hyped that they couldn't stop raving about it. I heard many of them commenting that it was the best thing that they had ever done and would not be forgetting it. Many thanks again for making this an amazing experience, I cannot recommend Waitomo Adventures highly enough.

There are newer reviews for Waitomo Adventures - Lost World 7 Hr Epic

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

My, oh my! EPIC it was indeed. We booked the Lost World EPIC 7-hour tour and LOVED every minute of it. The guides (Brad and Fish) were seriously among the best we had in New Zealand, and they kept the adventure going all day long! In the morning, after getting suited up in our wetsuit, helmet and boots and shuttling over to the farm, we started with an absolutely epic, oh-my-god-is-this-really-happening 30-story abseil deep into the cavern’s abyss. After that, we went onward into the darkness, crawling up/under/through/over rocks, waterfalls and pools. Deep into the thing, we turned off our headlamps and admired the spectacular glowworms above [which look exactly like a clear starry night.] We went in their low season in May, which to our advantage meant smaller tours throughout our vacation—this one included. We had just the two of us and another traveler on the tour…an awesome experience! I also LOVE the fact that they took pictures of us throughout the day, and gave us the Dropbox link the next day for free download of them all. Most companies try to sell you the pics—not Waitomo Adventures! Thanks for an amazing tour in your amazing country!

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

A group of us decided to do the 7 hour epic tour, and it was definitely a highlight during our vacation. The caves are a thrill and the glow worms are beautiful, resembling the Milky Way at certain points. The tour guides will urge you to crawl through small crevices and climb up waterfalls, but those things are optional. I never felt unsafe during the trip. Be prepared to trek over a mile back through a farm in your wet suits and heavy boots after the caves, though. We weren't expecting that! Also, you aren't allowed to bring cameras or GoPros, but the company will provide you with pictures free of charge. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting NZ's northern island.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I went alone as a 15 year old, the guides Chris and Luke were great guides. This trip was a highlight for me of NZ, the abseiling through caves being the best bit! I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys caving and adrenalin sports, or just wants to give something new and exciting a go!

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Thanks for the amazing day in the gaves! The guides were great and really informative. The abseiling in the beginning was fantastic and the gaves a beautiful. the barbecue afterwards was a good way to finish the day! I highly recommend you to do this!