“This should be Trip Advisor's #1 recommendation”

Waitomo Adventures - Lost World 7 Hr Epic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Abseil 100m into this amazing cavern (like the 4hr option), but wearing a wetsuit - you're heading off to explore the Mangapu river passage. The freehanging descent will astound you but in this option that's only the beginning. Spend the day walking, wading and swimming through the cavernous passages. See giant fossil oysters and whalebones; flowstone, spiders & glowworms. Do jumps, climbs and optional challenges. Includes comprehensive packed lunch underground & BBQ steak dinner. Min age 15yrs. No experience required. Local family owned & operated for over 27years. Qualmark & Outdoorsmark endorsed. FREE PHOTOS OF YOUR TRIP SENT BY INTERNET
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Absolutely fantastic adventure! I have been on this trip 3 times now (twice summer, once winter): I live in NZ, and every time friends come to visit from the northern hemisphere, this is my #1 recommendation for their trip. They always have lots of fun in NZ, but this adventure has universally been their favourite memory! The cave adventure is incredible, from start to finish ... and the guides are completely awesome. I wholeheartedly recommend this company and this adventure (7 hour epic) for anyone visiting NZ, looking for an entirely unique and amazing trip!

1  Thank skgNZ

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Absolutely outstanding experience! Abseiling, cave walking, climbing waterfalls, and going up underground streams.. Our tour guides Gavin and Fish made our adventure an amazing one. They were very knowledgeable, keen for adventure, and great at coaching us through any challenging parts of the tour. We are stoked we chose to put a day aside on our short trip home to check this out. We can't thank the guys at Waitomo adventures enough for this unreal experience. It was priceless !!!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Thanks so much for giving us a real Kiwi Adventure thrill. More than I expected along with three food stops including dinner. All quality home made food. So many firsts, climbing an underground waterfall being one of them. Great guides

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Awesome from the beginning to the end. The cave is greatness. The scenes is fabulous. Once you hanging down to the cave, you have to climb into it and cross the water, and sometimes you have to jump to the water(called water bomb) and climb under rocks. It's energy consuming, but worth.
Because once you see the glomming worm fill on the rocks, it's fabulous. When you in the cave and see the lights with water falls, it's exactly the same watching stars on the beach!
The guides are definitely professional. Thanks the guides for giving me the wonderful experience in my life.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Okay I have to admit I didn't actually do this tour myself, however I did arrange for our staff of 25 to do it and from dealing with Nick via email for booking and the Waitomo Adventure Team that took the tour, everyone was very professional, organised and fun. Complements also to whoever makes the lunches, I hear the muffins were fantastic! Our team were shattered when they returned so a very physical activity but so hyped that they couldn't stop raving about it. I heard many of them commenting that it was the best thing that they had ever done and would not be forgetting it. Many thanks again for making this an amazing experience, I cannot recommend Waitomo Adventures highly enough.