It is really perfect place to hideaway. Been there twice - about 5 years ago and last February. Few things had been changed not to better way, but the average experience is still more than very good...
Had to wait a while at the parking for our guide, because didn't call them in advance what time exactly we are coming to get the private transfer. After that all the rest was fine - quick registration, refreshments and going by cart to the room-villa trough grinnery.
+ is amazing without any doubt, even the standard one. Rich coffee selection. Bulgari bath products. Delicious arabic sweets. Beautiful small private pool, very clean. Luxurious bed, heavy wood furniture... But the same time everything seams very simple and cozy, no flashy colors which common in oriental culture. Very quite, birds singing in the morning... We always had morning coffee on the terrace, before going to breakfast. Definitively you would get a creative mood in such aura. In this case there is an easel and some tools for drawing. If you are a writer - this is a perfect place to come alone and get in to the special mood (you should be very rich writer to do that).
- non... oh, almost forgot ! - they didn't bring us more of those tasty sweets after we've eaten them!
+ Oasis in the desert, what more to say.
- Some years back to the pool of our villa was coming big beautiful antelope, they were all around the resort, different ones... This time we saw only small ariels.
+ Coming for one day for the first time, you wouldn't get bored: they offer you "falconry", horseback riding, camel trip... All included in your stay. Actually, they saying complimentary are only 2 choices of amusement per night for one person, but we got 4.
- a)Years ago they use to have a telescope and person who could show us stars and explain astronomy. This time we didn't find these facilities... maybe because everyone has iPhone with such function in nowadays?
- b) Falconry is not that attractive as much as it was. I remember they use to take us by car to their "farm", showing the cages where they live, explaining about every bird (even owl was there). And then, at 5 am we had champagne while watching the "haunting" show. Not anymore. This time they had 3 falcons just behind our villa, not romantic much.
- c) They have good horses, but only for experienced riders, as a beginner I couldn't use this option.
5. Restaurant. Is only one. Breakfast is rich and perfect, like it most of all. Lunch and dinner not bad too.
+ very nice, treatments are good (bit expensive), at the big pool with no people in we had fun photosession for each other without any disturbance. Good option to have a treatment at your villa.
- at the pool bar only few drinks are available, no cocktails. Yoga group session is missing.
Conclusion: rich, tired of work couples definitively must try at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive hotel designed to resemble a traditional Bedouin encampment - set within a 25-sq.-kilometer desert conservation reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Maha Desert Hotel Dubai
- Al Maha Desert Dubai
- Al Maha Desert Resort
- Al Maha Resort