“Nice location, food aversge”

Golden Thai Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Great location situated on the beach. Food is pretty overpriced and quality is average. We don't eat seafood, perhaps the fresh seafood they have on display is better than the chicken and fish dishes.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Visually this restaurant is stunning and the food here was very good, we would certainly return on our next visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Visited last night, decided to go so that our Granddaughter could experience choosing her own fish and see the Culture Show. ( My Husband and I have visited before when it was the Eden ) We accepted that the cost would be more but did it any way. Our food was really good, but the one thing that spoilt the night was that we were given a back table behind 2 tables of a Company Outing who were very disrespectful of other guests, they stood up when the show started and we couldn't see the stage. I went a staff member and asked them to ask these guests to sit but was told that I should do it !!! It was only when we got up to walk out that we were moved to a table where we could see. This to me shows poor management and needs to be improved. There seemed to be a lot of staff around maybe if this was reduced it would be a more acceptable price. What really upset us was that poorly behaved people tried to spoil the evening for other guests.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

From the outside it looks stunning but it's all style no substance. I loved the idea of choosing my fish and having it cooked. We had our fish grilled with some salad on the side. I was very disappointed with the quality of the meal. Not only did it lack texture and flavour but there seemed to be no effort put into the preparation. Staff weren't very friendly and only seemed interested in big groups. I ended up spending more than 200RM. It is not worth a tenth of that amount and I wouldn't recommend the place. The restaurant did however have good entertainment. If you like moving, they invite people on to the stage to dance.

P.S. If you don't like fish with bones this isn't the place for you.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I loved the fresh, live seafood from this place, and it was right next to the hotel we stayed in. Very expensive, but good quality. The service was lacking on both occasions we ate there (plenty of cooks in the kitchen, but hardly anyone looking after the guests....go figure!).