3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$65
Booking.comUS$65
PricelineUS$65
eDreamsUS$65
Orbitz.comUS$65
ZenHotels.comUS$69
All reviews makan kitchen double tree axis lounge diamond member food store overhead bridge kids club breakfast spread was good swimming pool late check f b in house front office public beach kennedy penang shanti
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

Well, what can I say.. improved by leaps and bounds. Exceeded our expectations in so many ways. Rooms were spotless and left us feeling safe and at ease. COVID-19 health and safety protocols were adhered.

Though it wasn't a special occasion, it certainly felt so. A special thanks to Mr.Karim Schadlou and the team for your commitment to customer satisfaction and taking note of improvement points with a humble and respectful attitude.

The level of hospitality and good grace shown by all the staff we had a chance to meet certainly makes the hotel live up to Hilton standards.

Guess it's time to pack our bags and hit the road again, bringing lots of love.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2021

I checked in solo and the hotel reception let me checked in early without extra charges due to my early flight arrival. Was given a free cookie The room was very clean and nice. The breakfast was charged at RM 45 per person as my room did not come with breakfast. I love to have hotel breakfast everytime I travel but their breakfast was very standard for a 5 star hotel and I can’t find fruits station

I gave 3/5 because of their breakfast spread & the taste was bland. Their parking should be given free for hotel guests instead of charging RM 3 per day. The room service food taste was horrible. There is no direct access to hotel beach as you need to cross the road opposite the hotel not sure is the hotel beach or public beach

Other than that I wanted to specially thank the hotel reception as they provided very good service and warmth friendly welcome to the guests upon arrival. Kudos

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

We came here for our year end holiday and decided to book this hotel because it was recommended by my friend. The hotel although in Batu Feringgi area, one still has to drive few km to reach the popular tourist spot. And the location is not exactly by the beach either - one has to walk across the overhead bridge to access the beach on the other side of the road.

The hotel was packed with holiday goers, the reason being year end school holiday. The swimming pool was designed to mimic beach concept with sandy area next to it. Our room was generally clean and free from funny smell, but our couch was peeling off. Plus we spotted fungi sprouting outside our hotel room specifically near the utility room. It made me wonder if they maintain the hotel properly.

Overall we had a great 4D3N stay here. However, the quality of the hotel must be improved further. I still give 4-star due to the good customer service.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BL_Leo
Karim Schadlou, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort By Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2021

Dear BL,

Thank you for leaving us your valued feedback. I'm pleased to know you had a great 4D3N stay during the year-end holidays and that you are satisfied with our services. Your constructive comments are important to us, as we always aim to improve the hotel's facilities, services, and guests' overall experiences. Rest assured we have duly noted on the shortfalls and will ensure the following have been refined before our hotel reopens.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a much-improved stay in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2021

We had such a lovely time at the Double Tree Resort. The buffet dinner was so yummy and had so much to choose from. Thank you Usa Plen for helping us have a wonderful birthday dinner. Everyone was so nice and friendly and the hospitality team brought a slice of birthday cake to our room which said Happy Birthday and was so delicious. Thank you to the Double Tree staff for a wonderful stay.

Room tip: We suggest going to the Teddyville Musuem inside the hotel. It was a lot of fun and discounted for hotel guests.
Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Kevhk,

Thank you for leaving us a splendid 5-star review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your birthday staycation where our buffet dinner and hospitality were up to your expectations. Thank you for showing your gratitude towards Usa Plen & I hope that you had a memorable birthday celebration.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our valued guest at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang in the upcoming future.

Reviewed 10 May 2021

Excellent service by the front office personnel. Clean and well taken care room with good amenities.Despite the late check in and check out, the staff did their best to accommodate. Always ready to help and staying here is always recommended.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mr. Vigneshan,

Thank you for leaving us a splendid 5-star review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and are pleased with our room & facilities. I am also glad to know that our team members were able to accommodate your needs during your stay.

Karim Schadlou