All reviewsbeautiful placepura vidaoverlooking the oceanhome away from homeair conditioningbalconyvillaluxurybeachamenitieskitchenhill
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Wild Waves Cabin is a must stay in the Santa Teresa area. The cabins are extremely clean and the environment is more than welcoming. We stayed in the Villa which is comprised of 3 rooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 deck (overlooking the ocean), 1 balcony (overlooking the ocean) and a full kitchen. The master bath has the most amazing bathroom with a shower that is outdoors and overlooks the ocean.

There is something very special about Wild Waves that allows yourself to immerse with the Costa Rican culture. It is located in a perfect part of the town.

The owner is one of a kind and a truly special man who makes you feel right at home.

This place is a must stay for all visiting Santa Teresa - you will be pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: The Villa is a must!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Dror Y, Owner at Wild Waves Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

I was very impressed! Very special people. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Thanks for letting us stay in your beautiful cabin. It was perfect for us. AC With private bathroom and kitchen with ocean views made for the perfect relaxing getaway. Nice hospitable owners and central location in town and walking distance to the beach made for some nice memories and the perfect romantic getaway. Reasonably priced for the amenities and location. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks Daniel. Hope to see you again

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Thanks you Paul for having us! This was the highlight of our vacations. We were lucky enough to ''upgrade'' to a nice ocean view cabin. Paul was very nice, he always made sure that we had everything we needed and that we were happy. Such a great customer service. The cabins are very cozy and clean. You'll have all that you need. Walking distance of the ''central'' of Mal Pais/Santa Tereza. Amazing sunrise and sunset that we can look at on our balcony. We highly recommend this location for a typical Costa Rican experience. Thank you Paul for having us! hope you recognize us - Vanessa and Etienne - Cabina #2

Room Tip: Ask for Cabina #2
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

I remember you . It was a pleasure . Come again

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Wild Waves Cabins clearly exceeded my expectations by far.
This may be one of the few places I've been that I would definitely visit again and again. I spent a week there a year ago and another week a year after and wish I could have stayed longer in both occasions.

This hotel is a great place for couples young and older and also for families. It can also accommodate larger groups of 6-10 people easy if you use their Villa. I had a fabulous room with a remarkable oceanfront view through my window, private porch and balcony as well as a private kitchen and bathroom which is rare for this price.

When looking for a spot to stay at a place like Santa Teresa you want to be perfectly located among restaurants, bars and local supermarket but beyond anything else you first want to be by the beach and preferably to have a nice view of the ocean for the perfect sunset.
This place definitely fulfilled this desire. The best surf spot is literally across the street from the place and in about 2-3 minute walk you are in the water paddling your surfboard already. Surf boards rentals are next door so are the ATV rentals.

Rooms are clean, had newer furniture, new very quiet a/c which is a big deal for me to get a good night’s sleep, and there is a clean, decent size pool with lounge chairs and tables. It was great for relaxing after surfing with a cold beer.

I took one day off of surfing to relax the muscles and the owner suggested that I take a boat and go fishing with a fishing boat. He arranged it for us with the local fishermen and only when I returned to the village from that great first time experience I realized that he got us a great price for this fishing trip.

Dror, the owner, a fascinating individual and speaks fluently in a few different languages so communication was extremely easy for me and for all other visitors. The owner always greeted us with a laugh and a cool story about his day and assured we had everything we needed with some great ideas of what we can do locally to best experience the village and the local scene.

This is not a luxury five star hotel but it is absolutely a five star and more of an awesome experience! The owner and his lovely wife ensures it feels like the best decision you have ever made.
Will highly recommend and definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Dror Y, Manager at Wild Waves Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We came to Santa teresa like every year and no doubt that wild waves cabins is the greatest. The honor was really kind and we enjoyed from the pool and the amazing ocean view. Our cabin was cleaned and comfortable with an equipped kitchen. Higley recommend for a nice and quiet vication.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends