Les Hauts de Montreuil(Montreuil-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Restaurant
Hotel LE VAUBAN(Montreuil-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$82
Best Western Hotel Hermitage(Montreuil-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$84
Chateau de Montreuil(Montreuil-sur-Mer)
US$257
  • Pool
US$216
La Tannerie de Montreuil(Montreuil-sur-Mer)
US$103
Les Remparts(Montreuil-sur-Mer)
US$67
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Relais du Roy(Montreuil-sur-Mer)
US$124
Le Chateau de la Caloterie(Montreuil-sur-Mer)
TripAdvisor
Castel des Anges(Wailly-Beaucamp)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is a charming house in the center of the town with five bedrooms and bathrooms as well as a seperate family room/cottage in the garden.The hotel is very welcoming and is comfortable with good views over the square and is tastefully decorated.For a rate of ahbout 90 Euros it represents good value with breakfast.The whole building can also be rented for 450 Euros a night. .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MRCCD
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just had excellent two nights at this charmer of a B&B. Montreuil is an interesting place and the surrounding countryside lovely. Owners of La Rodiere very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. We had a lovely quiet room at the back (I think all rooms are en suite) with lovely period furniture. The breakfast and reception rooms are similarly interestingly decorated and the spiral staircase is just wonderful. Very good value too!

Room Tip: Suspect rooms at front may be noisy in summer when windows open as its cobbled streets!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here at the same time as 'awful and dusty' and had a very different experience. The house is lovely - it has real character - large rooms with good light, nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and nothing was wrong with our bathroom. Of course, this is an old house and it is a B an B, not a hotel, so everything is not going to be brand new and slick. We prefer a place that has character and is comfortable and relaxed.

The host, Ed, was welcoming and helpful. He was also very tolerant about our friends (we were part of a book group) coming to fetch us and waiting in the lobby. He kindly let us have the use of our room on our last day to leave our luggage and use the toilet etc. Altogether we had a good experience staying here. The location is excellent and Ed suggested a good cafe for lunch.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SuD884
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I too cannot recommend La Rodiere to anyone because all of the same reasons why EzzyA experienced. Our room although overlooked the small square, it was dirty and dusty, you could smell the dust in the room. The shower in the bath tub did not work, the bath tub was falling apart, the bath toiletries were not La Rodiere, but of other hotels from around the world. Our breakfast, well they should have at least gone to the bakers next door and get fresh croissants. The owners were nowhere to be seen. Bad management

Room Tip: Over look the square.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank zoze l
Larodiere, Owner at La Rodiere, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

It's always disappointing when a guest is not satisfied with the accommodation, luckily it's a rare event, but i believe necessary to investigate and comment on our findings. Firstly nothing negative has ever been said about that room in fact quite the opposite, and when we stay at La Rodiere we stay in the room in question and we have never smelt dust! I looked at the shower and the shower head does works but was damaged so does need replacing. Had it been brought to our attention at the time, we could have done something about it. As for the bathtub falling apart I could see no evidence of such a major flaw. The toiletries are from a selection of major five star hotels around the would such as the grand Hyatt, Raffles and the Shangri La. It's meant to be an asset and not a negative, but if you prefer a sachet of shampoo from the local wholesaler with our name on it, then that's not going to happen. Ed who was working at La Rodiere is a family member and yes the croissants are bought daily from the next door shop as our receipts confirm. I have spoken with Ed and he tells me nothing was mentioned to him at the time, which is a pity as we will do our utmost to rectify any issues clients may have, if of course brought to our attention.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Last weekend I had to travel to Normandy on Business last minute and it was recommended i stop over in Montreuil-sur-Mer overnight on route. I decided to have a quick look and the La Rodiere looked perfect as it was only a flying visit. I called on my way to the EuroTunnel about 2 hours before i was due to arrive in Montreuil and was told there was rooms available at 95 euros a night. Although i had found in my Sat Nav the owner steve told me to call once i hit Montreuil to call him and he would guide me in. On arrival i called and Steve as promised guided me in and met me outside, i was then surprised as he showed me to the premises garage to park my car for the evening. Once i had parked my car in my own garage!! Steve showed me straight to my room which was very spacious, had a Flat Screen TV, iPod docking station and enough tea coffee and biscuits to keep a small workforce happy. The bathroom was pretty much the same with plenty of amenities but didn't have a TV or iPod docking station and then i reminded myself despite what i had seen so far it was only and B&B at 95 euros a night!!!! Steve then invited me downstairs for some drinks all included for the price, he then gave me a full tour of the place explaining his future plans which sounded great! I then went up to bed and had a fantastic nights sleep in a bed more comfortable than some 5 star hotels i have stayed in. On my departure the next morning Steve was kind enough to send me on my way with a takeaway breakfast roll and tea. So all in all a very pleasant stay in a fantastic place which has the potential to be a great hotel let alone a B&B and am quite shocked by some of the negative comments keep up the good work Steve and Diana

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business