All reviewsexcellent hotelbooked this hotelconvenient parkingrooms are largetop floorhidden gemhotel is situatedfree wifithe ownersmall hotelswimming poolfrancoisluggagevalidatebalconyregionvillage
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Had an enjoyable night at this hotel, in a room on the top floor with lovely terrace and views over Provence. The owner parked our car for us and provided nuts and olives with our drinks which we took into our balcony. Good value too and pool opposite, although sadly we did not have time to use. Great place from which to explore Roussillon and the surrounding area

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MEISEL F, Propriétaire at La Maison des Ocres, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We discovered this jewel of a hotel as we drove through the Luberon from Ménerbes to Roussillon. Firstly Roussillon is in the top 10 most beautiful villages in France. The houses are made from a colorful red stone of the nearby hills, so Roussillon is a must see. The Hotel was superb, perfect location 5 mins walk from the beautiful village, extraordinary views of the Luberon, swimming pool, full of painting and art, very helpful and welcoming staff especially Dominique. Our room was perfect size, big bathroom, great shower. The breakfast at €12 was good value, break baked at the hotel. A perfect base for exploring the region. I know you would pay twice the price for the same service in the region. This hotel gets a 10 out of 10 for me, I can’t fault it in any way. The owner, Francois was there to welcome us and I understand he also baked some of the delicious cake we had at breakfast. There was free parking, free WiFi, if you are seeking a good value beautiful hotel in the Luberon please pass by La Maison Des Ocres. Oh yes many nice restaurants 5 minutes away, and they have secure motorcycle parking, I can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MEISEL F, Propriétaire at La Maison des Ocres, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Many thank's for your nice comment.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

A bit too modern but rooms are large, bathroom immaculate and proximity to town makes for an easy walk. Management at front desk seemed a bit aloof at first but when he realized that much of what I was saying was made in jest he warmed up and became very friendly and helpful. They have a parking facility about 50 feet from the lobby thus no need to pay for parking across the street.

Room Tip: If returning to town late remember there is a ring road thru the old part of town that will get you back to the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MEISEL F, Directeur général at La Maison des Ocres, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Many thanks for your stay

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this through Expedia (not pre paid). Check in was fast and the front desk was very friendly and took us up to a room to show it to us and orient us to the property. The view from our room was lovely and we were overlooking the pool. Upon arrival by car we parked across the street. If you do this don't pay because when you check-in they will validate your parking for you for free. This property looks like it has been entirely renovated in a modern way, very very nice. I room was a good size and the bathroom was immaculate and really nice as well. There is no restaurant on the property however it is less than a five minute walk into Roussilon itself where there are many cafés and restaurants available to you. We did not have the breakfast here so can't comment on that. If Wi-Fi is important to you it was very solid at this property. We would definitely stay at this property again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShirlLRacine
MEISEL F, Propriétaire at La Maison des Ocres, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Many thanks

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed one night there (August 6) on the way to the town of Gordes. When I booked with hotels.com, they had my credit card information and I chosen to pay at the hotel.
My sister paid cash before we left and two weeks later when I got my credit card statement, I found that they charged my credit card too at that day. I sent Email to them with receipt and credit card statement, even left message on their website. It was totally ignored!!! Did not get any response from this hotel!!! Also, I asked the representatives of hotels.com to call them, the lady immediately denied it and hung up quickly.
Be careful of this hotel and they can make easy money once your credit card information is released to them. Mean and greedy hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bridgeji
MEISEL F, Gérant at La Maison des Ocres, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Monsieur

You published today very bad comments about your problem of payment.
We explained several times to your tour-operator that we were right about it and they should have told you.

You have made 3 reservations for the same day through your tour-operator.
Two of them were supposed to be payed in advance with a virtual credit card number.
We did it on the 7th, for 1 triple bedroom and for the second room occuped by 4 persons
But the third double room had to be payed directly to the hotel, that is the one we charged and you payed cash. We add to it the local city taxes dues for the 2 other rooms.
>> We never charged another credit card with 108 euros or another amount !
If you say so, why do not bring the proof and send us a copy of another payment made with your credit card ?

By the way you should also remember that you reserved 3 bedrooms with 6 persons and you arrived 9 persons with 3 kids who were not reserved !
This is not so fair from you to do this way.

We had a few exchanges with your tour operator by phone and by mail, they should be the first ones to understand the situation and to explain it to you.
We are not responsible if they did not explain it to you properly.
Please recognise that we are not gulty of anything wrong

Regards