“Dirty pit and owner discrimination a”
Review of Mika Villas

Mika Villas
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Piskopiano
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Repcection on arrival smelled of urine old dirty furniture dirty bar .got to our room beds single shoved together the sheets were filthy mattresses was brown stained no protector on it hole in wardrobe were a rat must ate it safe could be taken from room ants all over beds yellow stains in fridge small poky room dark no light outside frontdoor complained to owner and he said get rep to move u. He took a 100'euro deposit of us for room 20 euro for safe and wanted 80 euro for air con 200 euro before we started holiday.seen rep Monday showed her room she moved us across road to another part of mikas to a room that was ant free form bed and and small balcony but we didn't get nice towels in shapes of animals or bows like everyone eles had to ask every day for them they were just thrown into room I had to clean it everyday asked for clean sheets second week and she came in and swapped our sheets from bed to bed my husband had to have a argument for clean sheets it was our anniversary the second week and wanted a lovely holiday but it was ruined because the first two nites we had to stay with family in there apt somewhere eles .we were told the owner of mikas likes to keep the nice part of the complex for the Scandinavians and likes to keep the Irish and Brits in dirty pit .I advise everyone not to stay here.

Room Tip: Fee WiFi but never works
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Floumin, General Manager at Mika Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Michelle,

Upon the arrival of the group you came with, everyone paid the 100 euro DEPOSIT which was given back to all the guests during the check out. This is mentioned in the brochures that your travel agent showed you before booking along with the fact that the air-conditioning (40 Euro/ week)& safe deposit box(10 Euro/week) are optional and with an extra charge. You refused to pay any these and we kindly asked you to talk to your travel agency reps since you were apparently misinformed about your accommodation. Eventually the reps of your tour agency paid for your air-conditioning since apparently you were not aware of our policy before booking.
Regarding the room you did not mention to us any of the issues such as filthy sheets, ants or a dirty fridge. We can also assure you that the safe deposit box is inside the wall and would require extreme effort for someone to dig it out of the room.
Despite all these, we upgraded your accommodation (WITHOUT EXTRA COST) to another part of the complex in which the room rate is much higher. The services provided to you were not inferior in comparison to our other guests staying in the same complex. Towels are folded the same way in every room and are changed every 3 days unless requested otherwise by our guests.
In addition to all these we should inform you that we do not separate the apartment complex according to race but according to the room rate and we treat people from all nationalities the same without exception.
We are very sorry that you were not impressed with our services and we hope that your next time in Crete will have more positive memories.
PS. The WIFi is free of charge for all the rooms in the hotel and the quality of the internet connection is the optimal for the area.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We really loved our stay at Mika Villas! It's a 2-min walk to the center of Piskopiano village with amazing restaurants and cafés and fantastic view! Breakfast was great (thanks Popi!!) and the pools were always clean. Eleni and the team really showed us what Cretan hospitality means and were always willing to help us with tips on restaurants and activities. You can get almost everything you need at the mini-market. The center of Hersonissos is not far with frequent buses to Heraklion or Agios Nikolaos. Thanks for a great time!We're definitely coming back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Manolis C, Owner at Mika Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thanks a lot Would be our pleasure to hosting you again .Always very welcome !!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner and my daughter. First impression of the surroundings it looked amazing. When we got into our room our impression sank to what the hell. In the main living area had 3 single beds, a table with one chair, a hot plate that worked and a 2 hob that didn't work. Not enough cutlery, we had to mess with the electric meter to get the fridge to work. In the bedroom was 2 single beds and the light didn't work so we spent a week without a light in the bedroom, the door is a sliding door and once u shut it they was a large damp patch on the wall, the damp wall was the wall that the bathroom was joined to. The bath room was clean-ish, but the toilet leaked, you had to hold the shower head to have a shower as the wall fitting was broke. The room was crawling with ants, my daughter was being eaten alive. We dreaded going back to our room at the end of each day, as it was never cleaned. We got fresh towels once and the bin was emptied once. It felt more like a hostel than a holiday appartment. It's classed as a 3 star appartments but I wouldn't have given it more than one. The one star would be for the outside and nothing for the room. We will defo vist Crete again but will never stay at Mika Vilas again even if they paid me. Worst accomadation I've ever stayed in.

1  Thank Debbie G
Manolis C, Owner at Mika Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

I feel very suprised and really sad reading your review since our goal is to keep everybody happy during staying at our hotel
I cannot understand how no matter the fact that the reception stays open nearly the whole day staff ,oweners,are always around you preferred facing so many problems instead of coming and let us know to make your holiday miserable althouth it was so simple to ask for another room something you never did
We can understand that every guest has different demands and our job is to cover most of them solving the problems individually
My advice is knowing and concidering holidays as a very important issue next time having such problems insted of writting a review afterwords take action immediatelly on the spot and enjoy your stay
I think the way approching your problem was absolutely wrong and to write 2 negative reviews was even worst showing that you wanted to get revenge for an argument which was never existed
We hope you will give us the chance to hosting you another time and then we will do our best to hit all your expectations and demands

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with my mum and step dad. First impressions was amazing the place looked great untill we got to our room! It was very basic but I guess you get what you pay for however I did not pay for ANTS!! I woke up during the first night feeling like something was crawling on me so I turn on the light to find my bed and my self covered in ANTS!! Sleeping on the beds it felt like you was sleeping on springs the pillows was like rocks.

The apartment was very basic the bedroom had 2 single beds and the living area had 3 spare beds and a tiny kitchen the bathroom was also full of ants and the toliet was leaking. If you wanted a shower you had to hold the shower head as it could not go on the wall. The bedroom had no light working and the walls are extremely thin you can hear people going to the toliet. All you could hear st night was dogs barking every night. The town up the road is good it has everything you need and it's only a 5 miniute walk. Every night we really did not want to come back to our room because it was that bad if we was staying for 2 weeks we would of packed up and gone to a different hotel I have stayed in 2 stars before but considering this is suppose to be a 3 star it is the worst I've stayed in! Never again will I be visiting Mika Villas! If you are coming to Crete I suggest you go somewhere else unless you want to ruin your holiday by staying here.

1  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We were always greeted with a smile. Our rooms were newly refurbished and each one had a different relaxing ambiance. The service was excellent. Breakfast was too good for our weight scale. The pools were excellent both for swimming and for viewing in the evening - very relaxing surrounding area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Manolis C, Owner at Mika Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thanks a lot ! Would be great pleasure to hosting you again
Always very wecome!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Piskopiano
3 km away
0.7 km away
Astra Village Apartments
Astra Village Apartments
#8 of 13 in Koutouloufari

Been to Mika Villas? Share your experiences!