Firstly, we had a stressful journey as we booked through onthebeach.co.uk and we landed at Heraklion airport. We rented a car for the 10 day trip (best thing to do on this island) and the drive was 2 hours from the airport. We have learned from this and next time will be Chania airport!
Indigo Mare was an ok resort. The gardens were beautiful and the location was perfect. Right on the beach and nice pool, although was smaller than the pictures. There are only a handful of free sunloungers around the pool area and these are usually always taken. There are plenty on the beach but they charge €2.50 each for whole day. The resort was also very close to shops and restaurants in Platanias. We rented a car and was also very easy to get to the main road E65 to go out sightseeing.
We booked half board and so got breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was ok but was always a stressful rush in the morning with the other people staying there. The dinner again was usually the same/similar food each night. There was a salad bar and then there would be some different Greek foods with rice and potatoes and vegetables and then some sort of pasta dish. We had this for the first 4 nights but then was depressing seeing the same food each night and was very quiet in the restaurant. We decided to eat out for the rest of the holiday to be able to try other things.
Greek night was really fun and would highly recommend! Really lovely BBQ food and excellent Greek dancing. It's a must to get up and be involved! Real good fun!!
Our apartment was really lovely. One bedroom with air conditioning in the bedroom for the whole apartment. Lovely balcony. Little kitchenette. It was perfectly clean and cleaned daily. The cleaning staff were amazing.
Would recommend going out to see other parts of the island from there. We went to Chania old town, Elafonisi beach (best beach by far), Balos beach (take a boat there!!!!), Agi Apostoli (very close to hotel and less waves), monastery visits, Kournas lake (excellent food and pedalos) and many more off the beaten track places. Stunning island!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Indigo Mare hotel-apartments complex lies on the most beautiful part of the golden sand of Platanias beach. It offers hospitality, comfort and serenity giving the unique opportunity to relax right next to the sea.Indigo Mare is one of the most famous complexes in Platanias village. It is 15 minutes drive from Chania town. The airport is 30 minutes drive away and the port of Souda in 20 minutes, both through national road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Indigo Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indigo Mare Hotel Platanias
- Indigo Mare Platanias, Crete