“Good location”
Review of Indigo Mare

Indigo Mare
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Platanias
Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

Firstly, we had a stressful journey as we booked through onthebeach.co.uk and we landed at Heraklion airport. We rented a car for the 10 day trip (best thing to do on this island) and the drive was 2 hours from the airport. We have learned from this and next time will be Chania airport!

Indigo Mare was an ok resort. The gardens were beautiful and the location was perfect. Right on the beach and nice pool, although was smaller than the pictures. There are only a handful of free sunloungers around the pool area and these are usually always taken. There are plenty on the beach but they charge €2.50 each for whole day. The resort was also very close to shops and restaurants in Platanias. We rented a car and was also very easy to get to the main road E65 to go out sightseeing.

We booked half board and so got breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was ok but was always a stressful rush in the morning with the other people staying there. The dinner again was usually the same/similar food each night. There was a salad bar and then there would be some different Greek foods with rice and potatoes and vegetables and then some sort of pasta dish. We had this for the first 4 nights but then was depressing seeing the same food each night and was very quiet in the restaurant. We decided to eat out for the rest of the holiday to be able to try other things.

Greek night was really fun and would highly recommend! Really lovely BBQ food and excellent Greek dancing. It's a must to get up and be involved! Real good fun!!

Our apartment was really lovely. One bedroom with air conditioning in the bedroom for the whole apartment. Lovely balcony. Little kitchenette. It was perfectly clean and cleaned daily. The cleaning staff were amazing.

Would recommend going out to see other parts of the island from there. We went to Chania old town, Elafonisi beach (best beach by far), Balos beach (take a boat there!!!!), Agi Apostoli (very close to hotel and less waves), monastery visits, Kournas lake (excellent food and pedalos) and many more off the beaten track places. Stunning island!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lucy_riddett

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Fantastic hotel right on the sea front, lovely staff, great food and the Greek night and bbq held weekly is a most. We had a brilliant holiday and would recommend this hotel to family and friends, the only negative thing I could say was that there is no air conditioner in the bedrooms only in the living area, so you have to leave the bedroom door open at night or the room gets very stuffy. The hotel as beautiful gardens and a lovely clean pool, there is limited sun loungers but plenty on the beach. The location is great two minute walk from shops and restaurants but yet quiet and peaceful.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SMOC1
indigo m, Διευθυντής at Indigo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

my name is Aris Vlachantonis, I am the Manager of Indigo Mare.

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor, from which we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and especially mention the food quality and the friendliness of the staff.

It is our greatest satisfaction when our clientele departs from our hotel with the best impressions and memories and even recommend it to others !

Once again I would like to thank you and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future. In this case please do not hesitate to contact me in advance , in order to assist you with anything you may wish.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

I like this hotel. Good sea view. Service was very good in the resturant. Not so good wifi here but, its hollyday. If we really need wifi we can go to the resturant or respection. A good thing is it's so beautiful. The waiters are so nice, specially the boy his so CUTE and BEATIFUL (VLADI) but, that are not the reason I've wanna visit again (or not the only). Good english they have (much better than mine). The hotel boss seems nice.Pool was great but I can not take chlorine so well. The room was good. Wash-ladies did a good job. The first hotel I wanna visit again. The last thing I say is they have a so beautiful hotel and beach. The food are great but, I just ate rice and carrots. I give all 5 of 5. [girl13]maybe to young to write something like this but, I want people to now how good this hotel are. Bye~

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2015

I have been accomodated at Indigo Mare together with my family. We needed two rooms as our children are teenagers and this is the way everybody stays happy.
The accomodation is correct with A/C, small kitchen place, private balcony and bathroom with shower cabin and hairdryer.
The furniture is in good shape and everything is in the right place but don't expect a 4stars feeling. It is a 3 stars feeling with 4 stars facilities and surfaces.
The garden around is great. The food is like everywhere in Greece better than in many places elsewhere. The beach is right there but you have to pay for the beds a 2.50 euro charge per day.
Wi-Fi is free but works only close to the reception desk.
The staff is nice and friendly, especially the Romanian ladies at the reception desk. They helped us to find a car rental company and we were really pleased with their kind support.
In order to explain the title of the review let me tell you that Platanias is a fantastic touristic place where at walking distance you may find great restaurants, small shopping( mainly with replicas :) and clubs(like Mylos where our son spent a night with friends in perfect ambiance). If you want real shopping or a bigger city ambiance you may choose a round trip to Chani by taxi( we paid 20 eur to go and 16 eur to come back).
It was a great stay in Crete!

Ciprian, Bucharest

Room Tip: Try to get a room with sea view, even with the garden view may get more silence.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ciprian66

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Booked May 9 – May 14. The Indigo Mare far surpassed my expectations. Gracious service, clean, absolutely the best in location – right on beach, short bus ride to Chania, and just off main road in Platanias which was quiet, but near all the restaurants, cafés, etc. Would book again definitely.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank CaboInnVisitor

Aris Vlachantonis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Platanias
0.2 km away
1.1 km away
Oscar Suites & Village
Oscar Suites & Village
#3 of 31 in Agia Marina

Been to Indigo Mare? Share your experiences!