“Amazing Sunsets”
Review of Homeric Poems

Homeric Poems
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This hotel is what Santorini is all about. White washed rooms, amazing sunsets and views and excellent service. The staff are so friendly and helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. Breakfast is served to your private patio/balcony which was very nice and peaceful. We stayed in an apartment which was recently renovated. It was very spacious with a great bathroom and the shower had amazing water pressure, one of the best that I have come across in a hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnneS12342014

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This is the second time we stayed at Homeric Poems. The hotel is simply wonderful. The privacy, the service, the food, the view, the location, the room, everything is perfect. If I go back to Santorini for the third time I will not hesitate to stay there again.We just loved it!!

Room Tip: The lunch and dinner menu is delicious. You have to try it!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana O
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I loved our stay at Homeric Poems and recommend it to anyone and everyone! The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. We had someone greet us when we arrived, and other staff came and took our belonging to our room. They were always available in case we had questions, they even provided chargers for us to use because we forgot our international adapters. They had great recommendations and made the reservations for us. On our last day, I wanted to send postcards and didn't get a chance to purchase stamps so they gave me some of theirs and sent them the next morning after we had gone. This staff clearly goes above an beyond for their customers!

The room was a good size, and our private balcony view was AMAZING. We had breakfast included and it was pretty good. I really like that they had healthy options as well. The ONLY thing that I would change was the lack of hot water, but I understand the safety reasons. The location of the hotel is perfect, it's only a 15 minute walk to Fira where all the souvenir shops and eateries are located.

We will definitely be back and plan to bring our families this time! :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We were so lucky to have chosen this place. It is such a wonderfully hotel. The views are so beautiful and the hotel itself is central and easy to get to. The hotel is clean and the stone shower is an idea that I want if I ever build my own home. The room is a bit small but you won't be staying in a lot as there's so many things to do. The hotel is manned 24 hours which is excellent. The pool is beautiful and is great for taking photos. We did have a weird experience whereby a bottle of water went missing from the fridge and we had to ask what happened and then another bottle was replaced- not sure what happened and we are still scratching our heads. They helped us take our luggage to the transfer bus and stayed with us until they came which was very nice of them. Overall excellent experience and this place is highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Homeric Poems is in Firastefani, sandwiched between Fira and Imerovigli. It is the perfect location, only a 15-minute walk from Fira but peacefully located out of the cruise ship crowds. There are plenty of restaurants along the path to Fora or Imerovigli, so there is no need to venture far for a good meal. The staff is excellent, friendly and accommodating. Our room, a honeymoon suite, Achileas, was well appointed, clean, and offered astounding views. The room was spacious with a lovely sitting area and a comfy queen size bed. There is a minibar/refrigerator tucked away in a closet with a sink, kettle, and coffee maker. The bathroom was large and nicely done, with a deep tub and rain head shower. It was a little dark for applying makeup but was generally very pleasant. Breakfast is included, served to you on your private balcony overlooking the caldera. There is an order form left in your room each day to choose from three breakfasts (see photo of breakfast menu). The breakfasts are huge so we ended up sharing two different breakfasts, and crossing out items we did not want. The pomegranate and green tea juice is a real treat, as is the freshly squeezed orange juice and the creamiest, most delicious yogurt I have ever tasted. You have to choose a time for delivery, which I did not care for; I disliked having to set an alarm to receive breakfast. The pool area is small but the infinity pool is lovely, although in October the water is a little chilly. I highly recommend Homeric Poems with one caveat. There were approximately 108 stairs down to our room. We had help with luggage when we arrived and when we left, so we found them not to be a problem. If you have issues with stairs, however, this might not be the spot for you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
0.4 km away
0.2 km away
Mill Houses Elegant Suites
Mill Houses Elegant Suites
#6 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Homeric Poems? Share your experiences!