Hotel Parthenon City
US$125
  • Room Service
US$352
US$107
Agla Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$114
US$99
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget stayold townair conditioninghotel is locatedrooms are cleanper daynice balconyelli beachrhodesseaeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2016

This would be a valued price hotel, suitable for those on a budget. It is not a luxury hotel.

Although the rooms are somewhat modern, the one I had was small. One good feature of the room was five power outlets to charge electronics - better than any other hotel I have stayed in.

TV programs were only Greek, with the occasional English or Turkish movie shown with subtitles.

The beach is only about 100 meters from the hotel, but this beach had strong winds for most of our stay but was nice and clean.

The breakfast buffet (included in our price but not all) was nice but simple.

A great feature is that the seven floor roof is set up as a lounge and is great for reading or watching the sunset -- it is above the neighboring buildings.

To me the greatest feature of this hotel was the service -- the front desk was manned 24/7 and the staff was very helpful on advising places to go. There was a bar open round the clock that would deliver to the roof or rooms.

Room Tip: Blocked an all sides, but perhaps front would be better. Rooms may vary in size.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Big room+air con+TV+balcony+ensuite+nice swimming pool+a very friendly, helpful staff who will answer all of your questions. Christina was very helpful to me. Very short walk to Psaropoula beach. Many restaurant choices within short walking distance.

Room Tip: I thing any room will be good and a good value
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Ok, so I have been to Rhodos and other islands in Greece several times the last years. I know what to expect. And frankly I does not expect much from reasonably cheap hotels on the islands, thats just how it is there.

But Parthenon is in its own league.

First, the good:
-Cheap
-Good location. Close to beach, close to party street if that is what fancy you, and maybe 10min the old Town
-Good wifi coverage, and decent speed most of the time. You did have to pay for it. 10€ for a whole week. Not that bad.
-The staff is friendly
-AC in the room

So, the ugly:
-I was put on the first floor. I have never been to a hotel with less noise cancelling ever (because of this hotel I`ll have to retract my statement of a hotell in Cologne a few years ago, that until now had that record). I heard everything, when someone walked in the halway I felt it was an herd of animals ready to crush down the door. I was warned of this after reading reviews, so I had with me earplugs to sleep. And by god I needed them.

-The cleaning.....You got clean sheets and towels each day (just had to remove some hair from the cleaning staff from them first). I found socks in my room from an earlier stayer that was not removed. The sink, mirrors and toilet was not cleaned. And when looking at all the grime in the toliet I could see that this was not something that had been cleand properly in a looong time.

Parthenon has a quite decent roofgarden that has some sun shading and a lot of wind. Which is perfect for the hot weather in the summer. The problem was that the pillows there was not cleaned. So you could see sweat/water stains from long ago.

I`m pretty sure I got several of my bug bites from this place. Nothing serious, but in no way encouraging to go back to.

The phrase "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Elpinoino
Reviewed 20 August 2016

It is very cosy hotel according to your low-budget. Room was pleasantly spacious and really clean. Staff was really friendly and professional I liked them. The underlying problem at this hotel is poor and not tasty breakfast. Despite of it was very nice stay. Ideal for a small budget holidays. I can recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

How much money you pay, you get adequate services and accommodation, all for 2 or 3 stars, the truth is that the big fuss and shouting during the night of drunken idiots who are in the hotel, Swedes, Norwegians, etc. I've been in hotels with five stars in Europe, Africa, America foolish to compare with those hotels. Internet is paid 10 euros for 10 days, but only works in the early morning and after midnight. Air conditioning is not sanitary cleaned in the last 5 years.

The staff is very kind and hospitable.

Koliko novca platite, dobijate adekvatnu uslugu i smeštaj , sve je za 2 ili 3 zvezdice, istina je da velika galama i vikanje tokom noci od pijanih idiota koji su u hotelu, Sveđani, Norvežani itd. Bio sam i u hotelima, sa pet zvezdica u Evropi, Africu, Americi glupo je porediti sa tim hotelima. Internet se plaća 10 EURA za 10 dana, ali radi samo rano ujutru i posle ponoći. Klima uređaj nije sanitarno očisćena zadnjih 5 godina.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends